TOPIC: Login Failure

Login Failure 02 Mar 2012 14:45 #962

• DavidBrown
We just rebuilt a PC in the office with Windows 7 Professional 64-Bit. We have two other PC"s in the office with the same setup and they are working normally.

On this new PC, the ODBC is setup the same way yet every time she tries to open a report with Logicity, she selects integrated security (which we all do) and it gives a login failure.

We deleted and recreated the ODBC connection with the same results. Any suggestions?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Login Failure 05 Mar 2012 20:23 #964

• sduranceau
Hello!
Logicity runs on a 32-bit Data Source(ODBC) which is why it is returning the error.
To fix this, you just need to set up your ODBC on the 32-bit version, instead of the 64-bit default version.
You can do this by by clicking on the Start Button, then in your Start Menu Search Box you type in "ODBC".
Wait for it to load, and you should see the 32-bit version come up in your results as shown below(It should be at the top of the list)

Simply set up the 32-bit ODBC just like your original, and it should work just fine.

Hope this works!
-Devin
Attachments:

Re:Login Failure 09 Mar 2012 20:02 #969

• DavidBrown
Yes...so sorry...a "duh" moment for me...I knew that but didn't "know" it at the time...thanks!

Re:Login Failure 24 Mar 2012 05:08 #972

• DimeSavings
Hey even I have the same doubt and didn't understand what exactly happened, but now come to know thanks for your explanation.!!

Re:Login Failure 28 May 2012 10:13 #998

• jekr
May be you should consult your hardware engineer and fix the issue because he is the only person to guide you well in this issue than anyone.