TOPIC: Reports with no records in v1.7

Reports with no records in v1.7 13 Sep 2012 10:24 #1161

• jamie.charles
I've been using v1.6 for a while but it did lack the feature of emailing CC & BCC.
So when 1.7 was released I updated but for some reason, if there is no records it emails a blank report, this never happened in 1.6.

I only use the free version but can not understand why 'Suppress If No Records' is greyed out.

Please, please could you change it back?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Reports with no records in v1.7 13 Sep 2012 14:28 #1163

• aellis
Jamie,

We knew this one was going to cause some folks troubles. On the one hand, the fact that we suppressed blank reports was the single largest cause of support calls to us. It seems a lot of folks write reports where the main report is just a "container" and all of the subreports are where the real data is at. Our suppress blank routine would cause these to never fire off.

So anyway, long story short, we figured it would be better to always output and avoid these confusions but were aware this might inconvienience users that utilize this feature legitimately. But our aim has always been to never take features away from the free users and only add features to Pro; I can see in this circumstance that we need to enable this field for free users. I am going to put in a request for the developers to enable this feature for free users and we will put a new release up shortly. In the meanwhile it might be best to downgrade to 1.6 if you've not done so already.

-Adam
The administrator has disabled public write access.