• Page:

TOPIC: Additional date and time variables (past dates)

Additional date and time variables (past dates) 10 Aug 2011 17:28 #851

• mccjim
The Logicity Solution Builder allows us to save reports with the current date in the file name using the %CURRENT_DATE% variable or a combination of other %CURRENT_*% variables. We would appreciate the ability to timestamp files with past dates.

For example, our monthly reports include the %CURRENT_MONTH_NUMBER_LEADING_ZERO% variable, but the reports are run on the first of the next month. That is, on August 1 the report for July is run, but the timestamp is August.

Please include additional date and time variables, such as:

* %YESTERDAY% (%CURRENT_DATE% - 1)
* %LAST_MONTH_NUMBER%
* %LAST_MONTH_NUMBER_LEADING_ZERO%
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Additional date and time variables (past dates) 10 Jan 2012 05:27 #929

• jbrouder
Can we get any month or date or only last month from this code??
Last Edit: 10 Jan 2012 05:29 by jbrouder.

Re:Additional date and time variables (past dates) 10 Jan 2012 13:51 #930

• aellis
The variables mentioned above do not currently exist but the underlying requirement for something like this is on our list for the next major release. Most likely we are going to be implementing more of a formula language for our variables so that you can make it do whatever you want but we're still working out the details. In the meantime, what I typically recommend for people is to just create a copy of the Crystal Report they are trying to use these variables with and simply make use of the Select Expert to develop very powerful formulas. For example, if you have a report that prompts for a Start Date and End Date and you want to schedule it to run for the previous months data automatically you couldn't do this as-is with Logicity. However, if you copied this report and switched the Select Expert from using parameter input to just the Date = LastFullMonth then it could at least allow you to do what you need for the time being.

Hope this helps!

Re:Additional date and time variables (past dates) 23 Jan 2012 09:25 #941

• superb0007
Where can we get a list of variables available? I cannot find any information on the user manual. Is there another document that can be downloaded with the more advanced features?

Re:Additional date and time variables (past dates) 23 Jan 2012 19:18 #942

• CKV-TBHC
You can find a list of the variables by right-clicking on any of the text boxes in the Solution Builder Wizard. The list is as follows:

Date & Time Functions:
Current Date
Current Date Time
Current Day Number
Current Day Number (Leading Zero)
Current Day of Week
Current Hour
Current Minute
Current Month Name
Current Month Number
Current Month Number (Leading Zero)
Current Second
Current Time
Current Year

System Functions:
Computer Name
User Name

I hope that helps!

Re:Additional date and time variables (past dates) 09 Dec 2014 22:08 #1748

• CLAITE
When I right click in the text field for the output name of my file, the insert function shows grey. The function I was originally using was %CURRENT_DATE%. Now, when creating the output file, it names all files "%CURRENT_DATE% File name.pdf" instead of populating a date. This causes the files to save and replace the existing.

Re:Additional date and time variables (past dates) 09 Dec 2014 22:09 #1749

• bellis
Do you have Logicity Pro registered?

Thanks!
Brian

Re:Additional date and time variables (past dates) 10 Dec 2014 17:54 #1750

• CLAITE
Seems that I have not. Went into the registration and my Serial Number is empty. I recently upgraded to V1.8. How can I locate my Serial Number?

Re:Additional date and time variables (past dates) 10 Dec 2014 19:35 #1751

• eremington
If you can provide us with your order number, I can look up your license code and get that over to you. You can reach us at sales @ saberlogic.com (remove the spaces).

Thanks!

Additional date and time variables (past dates) 27 May 2015 14:51 #1958

• 83rose
While searching about my problem I found this thread and re-activated it.
Are there any news regarding the option of the variable last month (e.g. %LAST_MONTH_NUMBER%) as runtime variable?
I just tried it with %CURRENT_MONTH_NUMER% - 1 and some other possibilities, but didn't get any success.

Is there any function I didn't find until now? Are there any plans to implement such function?

Thanks in advance
Ellen
  • Page: