TOPIC: Missing parameter field

Missing parameter field 04 Sep 2012 08:59 #1155

• Smith
Hello
I am using the Free version of Logicity to run a report created by Crystal 2011 from a report first created by Seagate Crystal.
After completing the input parameters I get an error "Missing parameters field current value Please try again"
If I cancel the initial prompt and use the Refresh button the report runs OK after the parameters have been reentered.

We like Logicity and are trialling it among others which dont have the same problem.

If there is a solution I would like to purchase the full copy

can any one help please?

alan smith
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: chrisnj

Missing parameter field 04 Sep 2012 23:25 #1156

• chrisnj
I am running into the same problem also with the free/evaluation version, attempting to run a report created with Crystal Reports 2008.

I am able to successfully run the report in the Crystal Reports designer, connected by a VPN tunnel to a remote data source. However when running the report via Logicity either on the design workstation or after transplanting to a remote machine local to the remote network, the report displays the "Missing ParameterField current value" error message.

I've compared the ODBC data source setup on both machines and as far as I can tell they are identical. Prior to designing a report based on the remote data source I created a report based on a data source on my local network, which ran successfully both in the CR Designer and in the Logicity viewer, so clearly there is some finer point involved with the remote data source connection that I am missing.

If anyone has experience this problem and identified the solution or can at least suggest a direction or a previous thread to check it would be very helpful.

Missing parameter field error 05 Sep 2012 18:45 #1157

• chrisnj
As an update to the above, I was able to get the report to run, but the problem recurs sporatically.

In my test report template, I am prompting to enter two dates - a beginning and end date range.

After acknowledging the "Missing ParameterField current value" error, I was taken back to the parameter entry boxes. Attempting to re-submit the same values resulted in the same error again. Changing the values to something different would often (but not always) run the report to completion.

I have not been able to find a particular pattern to the rejection. Sometimes they run from the first entry, but once rejected it seems that they have to be changed to something else in order to get the report to run. Changing one variable only will error and return the report to a prompt showing the un-changed variable, which has to be changed in order to successfully run the report. Attempting to re-enter the original value does not overcome the error.

Since the report DOES run, I'm guessing it must have to do with how the inputted parameter variables are being passed (or not being passed), and somehow changing them after the initial rejection seems to overcome the problem, temporarily at least.

Which I can deal with, but it leads to angst and confusion and time wasted among the target users of the reports for whom this is supposed to simplify their lives, not make it more complicated if they have to continually jigger the parameter values in order to get the report to run.

There must be an identifiable reason and solution for this. I can't believe Alan and I are the first to come across this issue.

Missing parameter field 06 Sep 2012 11:50 #1158

• Smith
I think I have solved my problem.
When the report was created in Crystal 2011, I used the option to save data with report.
I have changed the report removing the option and now I don't get the missing parameter error message when using Logicity
The following user(s) said Thank You: chrisnj

Missing parameter field error - resolved 07 Sep 2012 19:11 #1159

• chrisnj
Brilliant! It works!

The option apparently gets set by default (File--SaveDataWithReport) so has to be explicityly un-checked.

I tried it on three of the reports I was having trouble with and so far, so good.

Thanks Alan!