TOPIC: Free Crystal Reports Viewer - Logicity

Free Crystal Reports Viewer - Logicity 12 Jun 2008 04:43 #197

• bluejay
Hi, I just downloaded this software and the main reason for the download is the need for the scheduling feature from Viewer. However, when I tried the Logicity Solution Builder,
"Schedule" is blanked out. Could anyone help? I've attached the image, thx

Post edited by: bluejay, at: 2008/06/11 21:45
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Free Crystal Reports Viewer - Logicity 12 Jun 2008 17:29 #201

• aellis
I couldn't see your attachment, but I am almost certain the problem is that you need to save your Logicity Solution file before you can schedule it. Give that a shot and let us know if that fixes it up for you.

Re:Free Crystal Reports Viewer - Logicity 12 Jun 2008 23:34 #202

• bluejay
Thanks, saving the file did the trick. The scheduler is now showing up. A related question to the scheduler is that it's asking for a password after the "Run as User" field. I don't recall setting up any passwords so I clicked the "OK" option. This was then followed by an pop-up of "Please be advised, scheduling tasks without a password filled in will likely fail." Will it fail or how do I go about setting up a password so that I get the scheduler to work?
Thanks

Re:Free Crystal Reports Viewer - Logicity 13 Jun 2008 01:32 #203

• aellis
So when you log into Windows do you not need to provide a user name and password? If not, then your scheduled reports should run just fine with the password omitted.

Re:Free Crystal Reports Viewer - Logicity 13 Jun 2008 01:44 #204

• bluejay
sounds good, thanks:laugh:

Re:Free Crystal Reports Viewer - Logicity 13 Jun 2008 01:58 #205

• bluejay
hrrm....I actually got another error log when ignoring the password.
System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access is denied.
(Exception from HRESULT: 0x800700005 (E_ACCESSDENIED)) at System.Runtime.InteropServices.ComTypes.IPersistFile.Save(String pszFileName, Boolean fRemember) at Edanmo.TaskScheduler.Task.Save() at Logicity_Solution_Builder.ScheduleForm.bttnOK_Click(Object sender,EventArgs e)
:(

Re:Free Crystal Reports Viewer - Logicity 13 Jun 2008 02:07 #206

• aellis
If you go to Task Scheduler, can you try manually adding a new task and point it to your RRD. This is in the same thing our program is doing during this process.

Re:Free Crystal Reports Viewer - Logicity 14 Jun 2008 02:20 #208

• bluejay
aellis wrote:
I couldn't see your attachment, but I am almost certain the problem is that you need to save your Logicity Solution file before you can schedule it. Give that a shot and let us know if that fixes it up for you.
it turns out that a password for my computer is needed before I can schedule the reports. After I set a password for my computer (which is kinda silly since I didn't have a password to begin with), there's no access denied and I'm able to set report schedules.