TOPIC: Parameter prompt is creating multiple drop downs

Parameter prompt is creating multiple drop downs 03 May 2010 20:51 #611

• crystalUser
We have a paramenter field in Crystal XI running against the pro version of Logicity. The selected field has 100o's of lines of data. When we run Logicity we are presented with "batch" list of just about 100 lines of data to select from. This is killing our productivity. We want to just scroll one list and not have to look through multiple list.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Parameter prompt is creating multiple drop downs 04 May 2010 01:07 #612

• aellis
Check the registry key:

[HKLM\Software\Business Objects\Suite 12.0\Crystal Reports\DatabaseOptions\LOV]

There should be a value in there (or if there isn't one already you can add it) called MaxRowsetRecords. You should be able to set that to whatever limit you prefer.

Re:Parameter prompt is creating multiple drop downs 25 May 2010 01:29 #618

• crystalUser
I can't match the key you direct me to. I can find similar ones but nothing with LOV. Also this is Windows 7 64 bit

Here's what I've got

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Business Objects\Suite 12.0\Crystal Reports\DatabaseOptions

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Crystal Decisions\9.0\Crystal Reports Designer Component\DatabaseOptions

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Business Objects\Suite 12.0\Crystal Reports\DatabaseOptions

HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-3590167907-2754848262-2891175232-1000\Software\Business Objects\Suite 12.0\Crystal Reports\DatabaseOptions

HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-3590167907-2754848262-2891175232-1000\Software\Crystal Decisions\9.0\Crystal Reports Designer Component\DatabaseOptions

Re:Parameter prompt is creating multiple drop downs 02 Jun 2010 12:15 #619

• crystalUser
It would be really helpful if someone from tech support would answer this. I've got a client who bought several copies of Logicity and they are really frustrated.

Re:Parameter prompt is creating multiple drop downs 02 Jun 2010 12:29 #620

• aellis
I am almost certain that you just need to create the registry key that I mentioned on my original reply. Give that a shot and let me know if that works. Here would be the REG output:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Business Objects\Suite 12.0\Crystal Reports\DatabaseOptions\LOV]
"MaxRowsetRecords"="6000"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Business Objects\Suite 12.0\Crystal Reports\DatabaseOptions\LOV]

Re:Parameter prompt is creating multiple drop downs 02 Jun 2010 12:41 #621

• bellis
That is definitely the problem, but you do have to create the registry key, it doesn't necessarily already exist.

Also if the customer has purchased Logicity, they can call the support line for assistance with this issue. These forums are generally for people using the unsupported products and are meant to be more community maintained. That being said, we do answer the questions on here for the most part, but the response time will be longer than for the paid support option.

Thanks!
Brian

Re:Parameter prompt is creating multiple drop downs 02 Jun 2010 16:22 #623

• crystalUser
Thanks for the feedback. I'll make a pass at creating the registry key. Never done that from scratch but I'm game.

As far as calling for support I thought it cost extra so I'll probably use the option in the next few days if this doesn't resolve it.

Thanks

Re:Parameter prompt is creating multiple drop downs 04 Jun 2010 10:01 #625

• crystalUser
aellis wrote:
I am almost certain that you just need to create the registry key that I mentioned on my original reply. Give that a shot and let me know if that works. Here would be the REG output:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Business Objects\Suite 12.0\Crystal Reports\DatabaseOptions\LOV]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Business Objects\Suite 12.0\Crystal Reports\DatabaseOptions\LOV]

Doesn't work. Have you tried this on windows 7? Also how about 64 bit?

Re:Parameter prompt is creating multiple drop downs 04 Jun 2010 12:04 #626

• aellis
Hmm - no, unfortunately I don't have access to either so that info is based on XP / 32-bit. You would actually have this same problem with a full copy of Crystal Reports. Can you try switching the value of MaxRowsetRecords to 2000 and see if that works? I am reading the Crystal Reports forums and that is the highest number I see on the various posts. Here are a few links regarding this topic over at SAP:

www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/p...30333933383336%7D.do

www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/p...38333533383338%7D.do

www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/advancedsearch?q...xRowsetRecords#rltop