TOPIC: Size of report

Size of report 17 Jun 2015 14:18 #1977

• Andydavidluke
Hello,

I have scheduled a report to be emailed however no email has reached the user and i have attempted this numerous times now. I've tried a different report and this works. Could it be down to the size of the report? I have it at 260kb, the reports that are successfully getting distributed are only 102kb, could this be the issue?

Many thanks in advance,

AJ
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Size of report 17 Jun 2015 15:47 #1978

• Andydavidluke
Hi Folks,

The specified report refreshes in crystal but not in the desktop version of logicity, where I would expect to see figures, its just blank and i think this is why nothing gets emailed. Its quite an intricate report with numerous formulas but its to give an idea of turnover MTD so should be showing values. As I'm only just beginning with logicity, it would be extremely helpful if someone know where I was going wrong.

Many thanks in advance,

AJ

Size of report 17 Jun 2015 16:31 #1979

• RonMoses
Open the report in Crystal and drop down the File menu. Is "Save Data with Report" checked? If so, uncheck it, save the report and see if that helps.

Size of report 18 Jun 2015 08:57 #1981

• Andydavidluke
Hi Ron,

Many thanks for your response, I have unticked it but no change. I have removed all the criteria within the select expert, saved it and re-run it and it now shows data but it doesnt match the results Crystal provides, it's as if logicity is failing to read a formula which converts turnover into two categories, At Once & Forward Order. The totals are correct and match crystal but the At once figure combines everything and calls it At Once (hope you still with me at this point).

I've looked at the formulas and I have noticed that its down to dates and how they are read. In our database, a date reads 20150618 so I have to break it down and create a Year, Month, Day formula and then convert them into numbers and then use the month numbers within another formula to calculate whether or not it is classed as a forward order.

Many thanks in advance,

AJ
Last Edit: 18 Jun 2015 09:10 by Andydavidluke.