TOPIC: RRD Database Problems

RRD Database Problems 08 Jun 2016 21:43 #2292

• aelaazami
Hello,

Can someone help me with ideas on how to solve this issue:

1- I created a Crystal report from my machine using an Oracle Server connection.
2- I saved the report on a Network location.
3- I Created an RRD (Called Report-Master) file in that same location and tested that it works fine on my Machine.

4- I installed Logicity classic on another user's machine.
5- I copied the RRD and renamed it Report-UserB). I then changed the mapping in the RRD to reflect where that drive is mapped on his machine.
6- When I tried to run the report on his machine, I got a database logon error message even though it is referenced in the RRD.

Does User b need to have the Oracle Client and TNSNAMES file installed on his machine for the viewer to work from his machine? If not, why isn't the report running on User B's machine but is running on mine?

Much appreciate any help in this area.

Best regards,
Adam
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RRD Database Problems 12 Jul 2016 10:31 #2336

• RonMoses
I don't know much about Oracle, but I know that when using SQL we need to make sure an ODBC connection of the same name as the one used to create the report also exists on the Logicity computer running the report. So maybe some version of that is applicable here? I don't know if he'd need the Oracle client, but if the TSNAMES file is some equivalent of an ODBC connection (or you mentioned an Oracle Server connection), then I'd say you're looking in the right general direction.
The administrator has disabled public write access.