TOPIC: RDD does not execute

RDD does not execute 13 Jul 2009 11:56 #469

• Crosslinho
Using Free Version solution builder to view reports successfully. Unable to print or e-mail, RDD does not execute. Anyone any ideas please?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:RDD does not execute 13 Jul 2009 14:06 #470

• aellis
Does your report have parameters on it? The print, e-mail, and save actions currently require that you have all parameters defined in the Logicity Solution File (under the Parameters tab) or else the action will fail. The view action is the only one that supports prompting for undefined parameters.

Hope this helps,
Adam

Re:RDD does not execute 13 Jul 2009 14:32 #471

• Crosslinho
Thanks for that. Is it the same in the Professional Version?
Cheers

Re:RDD does not execute 13 Jul 2009 14:48 #472

• aellis
Currently, yes. The backstory here is that in the Crystal Reports SDK the viewer window is where the parameter prompting logic exists so if we don't show that viewer window you don't get the prompts. For e-mail, print, and save we bypass the viewer window which made sense at the time, but now we are realizing we need to show the viewer window for all actions. It is going to be a fairly significant revision to our code base so we have slated that for when we re-write Logicity.

Re:RDD does not execute 13 Jul 2009 15:00 #473

• Crosslinho
If it is the same with the professional what does

New Logicity Pro Feature: “Send As E-mail” button added to Logicity Desktop viewer mean?

Re:RDD does not execute 13 Jul 2009 15:13 #474

• aellis
That one will work regardless of whether you have parameters or not. With that one you set your report up as a "view" action and get it up on the screen, click the "Send As E-mail" button, it will prompt you for which format you want to export to, and then it automatically opens up a new e-mail message with the exported report attached. Note, this feature only works with Outlook currently.

Re:RDD does not execute 13 Jul 2009 15:22 #475

• Crosslinho
This is what I want to do. Run the report to the viewer by choosing the parameters which I do now and then email the result straight from the viewer. I assume that this would then mean I assume that there would be no need to then use the Solution Builder?

Re:RDD does not execute 13 Jul 2009 15:31 #476

• aellis
Exactly right - if you can get it to come up in the viewer now without a Logicity Solution File, this new feature will do exactly what you are looking for.

Re:RDD does not execute 26 Sep 2010 19:47 #671

• alex.jeffery@cia_insuranc
I see this was dated some time ago.. I don't suppose the situation has changed?

.though I *am* glad to find this forum and the answer. Setting to View is a livable fix making continuing with the plan to buy Pro feel much better :)