TOPIC: encountered a problem and needs to close error

encountered a problem and needs to close error 21 May 2009 16:30 #440

• gwfcu
I am receiving an error when opening logicity that says.

Logicity desktop.exe has encounrtered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

If you were in the middle of something, the information you were working on might be lost.

It has debug and close options.

This happens right after installing and haven't been able to view anything. Have reinstalled everything including the crystal reports runtime and made sure I have the latest .net framework.

Has anything had this error before?

is it conflicting .DLLs or something.
Attachments:
Last Edit: 21 May 2009 16:32 by gwfcu.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:encountered a problem and needs to close error 10 Jul 2009 13:19 #466

• aellis
Hello,

It has been a while since you sent this message so if you have moved on to another product please discard this message. However, if you are still using Logicity and continue to have this issue I was wondering if you could re-test with the newly released Logicity 1.6.0014. This version included an updated Crystal Reports runtime (Fix Pack 1.7) and we'd like to know if it effects the reported issue here. I'd recommend you fully uninstall the previous Logicity and Crystal Reports runtime before you update to 1.6.0014 to be absolutely certain you've got the latest files. Let us know if this resolves the issue for you.

Thanks,
Adam

Re:encountered a problem and needs to close error 15 Oct 2009 19:43 #537

• samemerson
I am getting this error even after upgrading to 1.6.0017. I uninstalled Logicity 1.6.0013 and Crystal Runtime, then installed 1.6.0017 and still get this "needs to close" error. PLEASE HELP!

Re:encountered a problem and needs to close error 16 Oct 2009 11:49 #538

• aellis
I'm not sure if you are the original poster or not; if not can you also check you have the .Net framework installed:

www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx...D32A6&displaylang=en

That is the link for .Net 3.5. Try to install that first. If the problem persists, also try to install the .Net 2.0 framework:

www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx...e04f5&displaylang=en

Report back if anything helps.

Thanks,
Adam