TOPIC: GPO Rollout. Latest version is EXE not MSI

GPO Rollout. Latest version is EXE not MSI 14 Jul 2009 09:02 #477

• iwebster
The latest version of logicity is now in an EXE rather than an MSI which we could roll out using Group Policy.

Can I easily convert? Or can an MSI be released as well?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:GPO Rollout. Latest version is EXE not MSI 14 Jul 2009 12:15 #478

• aellis
So with the MSI version of Logicity you were able to deploy with group policy without any issues? I always wondered whether that was working correctly or not. We made a change after version v1.6.0006 where we now use the Crystal Reports Runtime as opposed to merge modules in our installer and that necessitated the need to go with the EXE installer. I've not tried this before, but another user had pointed us to the ZAP file method of installing non-MSI installers via GP:

thelazyadmin.com/blogs/thelazyadmin/arch...-with-ZAP-Files.aspx

Could you give that a shot and let us know if it works for you? If not, we can probably come up with some sort of MSI installer, but you might need two of them (one for the runtime and one for Logicity).

Thanks,
Adam

Re:GPO Rollout. Latest version is EXE not MSI 16 Jul 2009 09:27 #479

• iwebster
Adam,

We tried the ZAP installer method which while it worked it was not the best solution for us as it just advertised the install in add/remove programs and still needed local admin rights to install.

We also tried a 3rd party MSI converter from www.advancedinstaller.com/ but that didn't work very well either!

Ian