TOPIC: Cannot Open a Crystal Reports File

Cannot Open a Crystal Reports File 07 Aug 2020 19:46 #8652

• Pavane

I receive the attached error message from Logicity Pro, version 1.9.3.0 on a Windows 10 Pro system with Crystal Reports Developer 2013 Support Pack 12 version 14.1.12.2983

The same client has the same version of Logicity Pro running on a second Windows 10 Pro server with Crystal Reports Developer 2013 Support Pack 4 version 14.1.4.1327. This works fine.

The client followed the same steps for both installations, and we can't figure out how to resolve it.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Cannot Open a Crystal Reports File 07 Aug 2020 19:48 #8653

• bellis
Hi!

Logicity requires a specific version of the Crystal Reports runtime. Since you already have Developer on that system, it probably has a different version of the runtime which is conflicting.

Thanks!
Brian

Cannot Open a Crystal Reports File 12 Aug 2020 16:45 #8675

• Pavane
I uninstalled CR SP12 and loaded CR SP6 I have another client who successfully uses CR SP6 with Logicity Pro. I still get the same error message.

How do I fix this problem? I've uninstalled Logicity Pro and reinstalled it, and I still get the error message.

Cannot Open a Crystal Reports File 12 Aug 2020 18:54 #8676

• bellis
Hmm, can you verify the versions match with the other client? The other way you can fix this is to uninstall Logicity, Crystal Reports, and any runtimes, and when you reinstall make sure you select to install the runtime with the Logicity install. That will ensure the runtime version matches.

Thanks!
Brian