TOPIC: installing Logicity then uninstalling Crystal 2008

installing Logicity then uninstalling Crystal 2008 08 Jul 2011 22:28 #836

• rec9140
Hi;
We have Crystal 2008 loaded on the machine that we want to use for our Logicity installation. Can we install Logicity and then in a few weeks uninstall the Crystal 2008? Will this cause issues with the Logicity runtime files? If yes, can we fix the Logicity runtime files somehow?

Thanks.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:installing Logicity then uninstalling Crystal 2008 19 Sep 2011 19:49 #873

• rec9140
Answered by own question.
If we uninstall Crystal 2008 design, we can re-install the Logicity runtimes and it again works fine.

Re:installing Logicity then uninstalling Crystal 2008 27 Feb 2012 10:33 #960

• alexuren
But in my case it didn't worked fine...Still it's not working..what should I do??

Re:installing Logicity then uninstalling Crystal 2008 27 Feb 2012 10:59 #961

• superturbo
This should not happen. Did you tried to re-install it?
Last Edit: 27 Feb 2012 11:01 by superturbo.

Need to use refresh and schedule feature 28 Jul 2012 01:49 #1045

• pstymfal
We have install a free version of Crystal report viewer to tap the feature of the refresh and schedule.

But the company has security policy between end users and IT. If the software is able to follow the guidelines for end users, we would consider purchasing the tools for end users.

1. I was able to refresh the Crystal report using my login and right click "run administrator" to run the reports but my two collegues were unable to do so having error of login failure. Please advise:
1a. What setting needs to be done for enable user to refresh in Window 7?
1b. Does we need to create ODBC for each user?
1c. Install Oracle run client for each user?
1d. Will the software works if it is install using the administrator password but not the end user and the same for 1b and 1c?
1e. Do we need to right-click to run as "Adminstrator" to make it works?

2. We tried the to scheduler using the administrator login, it works once but subsequently it does not work. Using my login, it shows successfully but no report generally and we have no clue where it fails. Please advise how to resolve this issue as we want end user to schedule the report themselves and without using administrator login and what setting must be enable so that it will works in Window 7?

Will appreciate your help.

Re:Need to use refresh and schedule feature 30 Jul 2012 14:11 #1049

• aellis
I'll post within your message:

===
1. I was able to refresh the Crystal report using my login and right click "run administrator" to run the reports but my two collegues were unable to do so having error of login failure. Please advise:
1a. What setting needs to be done for enable user to refresh in Window 7?
===

We run and develop Logicity on Windows 7 so it certainly works, but a "locked-down" computer can certainly pose some issues. I think you hit the nail on the head with a few of your other questions so see my next responses.

===
1b. Does we need to create ODBC for each user?
===

Yes, each workstation will need to have the ODBC connection defined that the Crystal uses to access data. Note if multiple users are sharing the same workstation (or server) a System DSN is usually preferred so that you don't have to set the connection up for each user. I have seen strict group policies in place, however, that make System DSNs not accessible to Crystal Reports / Logicity.

===
1c. Install Oracle run client for each user?
===

Yes, this definitely going to be required.

===
1d. Will the software works if it is install using the administrator password but not the end user and the same for 1b and 1c?
===

You can certainly install the software as administrator but there is no way around 1b and 1c.

===
1e. Do we need to right-click to run as "Adminstrator" to make it works?
===

No, with the proper drivers / ODBC connections and user permissions to "see" them you should not need to run as administrator.

===
2. We tried the to scheduler using the administrator login, it works once but subsequently it does not work. Using my login, it shows successfully but no report generally and we have no clue where it fails. Please advise how to resolve this issue as we want end user to schedule the report themselves and without using administrator login and what setting must be enable so that it will works in Window 7?
===

Logicity currently uses with Windows Task Scheduler for its scheduling. As such, in order to schedule a task you will almost certainly need administrator permissions (I don't know Windows Task Scheduler has a way to allow non-administrators to make a scheduled task). It sounds like you did it as administrator, though, so that is good. The next thing to consider is that currently (and this is something we intend to remedy very soon) when Logicity runs it pops up a little progress dialog. For a scheduled Windows task this means that you need to have the computer logged in as the user you scheduled the task as for this dialog to be presented or else the task will fail. It is OK if you lock the screen but you cannot log out. Again, we are working to remedy this currently.

installing Logicity then uninstalling Crystal 2008 24 May 2013 06:44 #1369

• ericabrain
An expensive and complex component, but there is no evaluation version available. That is very poor. Given the poor reviews and the fact that I cannot personally evaluate Crystal Reports without paying the full price, I shall be looking elsewhere for a reporting tool.

perfumes online
discount perfume