TOPIC: Insert Varables Issue

Insert Varables Issue 22 Apr 2019 22:13 #5253

• stevens
I have license version of Logicity 1.7. I can insert variables from the list "Date and Time" and "System and Functions" But the "Visual Manufacturing" is greyed out and does not pass the variables. Does anyone else have this issue? If so, how did you fix? I attached a screen shot of the variable lists.
Attachments:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Insert Varables Issue 23 Apr 2019 15:52 #5259

• KCrane
The Visual Manufacturing variable listing is reserved for a Logicity for Visual Manufacturing license which includes pre-designed Crystal Reports and Logicity Solution Files for the Visual Manufacturing application. These variables work differently and do not auto populate like the Date and Time and the System Functions variables. The Visual Manufacturing variables are technically simply suggested names that match the pre-designed reports and are populated using command line variables:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\SaberLogic\Logicity\Logicity Desktop.exe" "C:\Logicity\Solution File Name.rrd" MYPARAMETER="John Smith"

If you should want to see the variable listing, simply point and view the Date and Time or the System Functions listing first and then point to Visual Manufacturing:

Insert Varables Issue 29 Apr 2019 17:32 #5296

• stevens
Hi KCrane, thanks for responding to this question. Seems like I'm doing this but I'm still not seeing the data that I'm loading into the file line. I have included my cmd file (A) where I load the variable %EC_ID% and the process (B) that I used to add that to my File Name (C). Could you look at this and let me know if this is correct?
Thanks for the help.
Attachments:

Insert Varables Issue 02 May 2019 16:33 #5317

• KCrane
I would recommend replacing the %1, %2 and %3 arguments with the actual values as a test: ID="123ABC"

Insert Varables Issue 03 May 2019 17:33 #5326

• stevens
Your exactly right. The CMD file is passing the constant variable (See attachment). I'm not loading the variable with the variable created in the RRD. Do you know how that process is completed ? Thanks for your help on this issue.
Attachments:

Insert Varables Issue 03 May 2019 22:27 #5327

• stevens
Hi KCrane, Is it possible to passed a parameter from a report in my RRD to the File Name in the RRD. My RRD has a report that calculates the incident number and I would like to pass that incident number to the Action Field - File Name. I've search the forum discussions but only found the passing of 'Date' routines.

Insert Varables Issue 07 May 2019 16:42 #5352

• KCrane
Command line arguments need to be set or populated prior to execution. Typically another application or a macro will build the command line and include the value(s) for the arguments and then execute the command. Any values needed that are calculated by the report would also need to be calculated by the application or macro prior to generating the command line for Logicity. Logicity is unable to pull information from a report.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevens