TOPIC: Can't get a scheduled RRD to run.

Can't get a scheduled RRD to run. 05 Mar 2021 15:01 #11306

• mwelch@alro.com
I have created an RRD, it pulls a Crystal Report and gets the information from a server to spit out a file which it saves locally. When I choose to "execute RRD" or if I double click the link on my desktop for it that I created it runs correctly. However, when I schedule this RRD it does not run I get back a litany of errors and each time I correct them another one pops up. Most recent being that it says the:

"Task Scheduler successfully completed task with return cod: 2147943623"

I can't find any reason for the errors.

if it matters I am not the admin on the PC, (IT restricts admin access) but if that is the issue I may be able to get them to grant the rights.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Can't get a scheduled RRD to run. 08 Mar 2021 18:48 #11335

• KCrane
It it a good possibility the errors are related to permissions where your account may not have sufficient rights to create the task completely and/or then run the task successfully.

After or while working with your IT department, I would try running the task manually (right-click) via the Windows Task Scheduler. Note that Logicity simply creates the task and then Windows Task Scheduler takes it from there. If you continue to have problems, you can try deleting the task via Task Scheduler and then recreate via Logicity logged in with the same account that will be running the scheduled task. Or simply recreate the task via the Task Scheduler to overcome any persistent permission issues.

Can't get a scheduled RRD to run. 08 Mar 2021 18:49 #11336

• mwelch@alro.com
I am unable to schedule my RRD. I have it set up and it runs when I select execute RRD. But when I schedule I get a whole bunch of errors and am not able to get the RRD to operate.
First error message is below, but I also get more than this.
- an error has occurred for task positive pay report.rrd error message: the selected task "(0)" no longer exists. to see the current tasks, click refresh.
-Task registered task "\Positive Pay Report.rrd" , but not all specified triggers will start the task. User Action: Ensure all the task triggers are valid as configured. Additional Data: Error Value: 2147942487

I have done everything mentioned below in this post.
www.logicitysuite.com/forum/logicity-sol...8-9-not-working.html

but still am unable to get the task scheduler to run the RRD. And then get the below errors.
-Task Scheduler failed to start "\Positive Pay Report.rrd" task for user "(default user)". Additional Data: Error Value: 2147943568.
-Task Scheduler successfully completed task "\Positive Pay Report.rrd" , instance "{ff4685cd-7317-436e-a2bb-2b9668f276a7}" , action "C:\Program Files (x86)\SaberLogic\Logicity\Logicity Desktop.exe" with return code 3762507597.

Can't get a scheduled RRD to run. 08 Mar 2021 18:54 #11337

• mwelch@alro.com
Thank you for the response, I have attempted to run it manually and it just spits out the errors. Unless I run it in the solution builder with the execute RRD or simply double clicking the RRD file I have on my desktop I can't get it to run. Neither does it work when I try to create a task to run it in the task manager. it asks me how I want to open the file. and I select the Logicity Desktop, but it does not actually run the RRD. Should I be opening it in a different file.

I also just added a second post, because I couldn't find the original it has some more of the error codes I have been receiving.

Can't get a scheduled RRD to run. 08 Mar 2021 19:53 #11339

• KCrane
Logicity Desktop is the correct application when running scheduled reports. And the error message: the selected task "(0)" no longer exists. is usually indicative of a lack of permissions where Logicity Solution Builder is unable to setup the Windows task completely. I would try to work with your IT department and open Logicity Solution Builder as the Administrator and then confirm the Logicity created scheduled task is setup to run using the Administrator account. Assuming the Administrator account is successful, your IT department can then work on getting your account the needed access.