TOPIC: Scheduler 1.8.9 Not Working

Scheduler 1.8.9 Not Working 15 Feb 2018 15:46 #2590

• mikea
I have set up a scheduled task to run on a Windows 10 machine on an rrd tied to a Crystal Report . In Solution Builder if I click "Execute RRD" it works but not when scheduled.
I went into Windows Task Scheduler and saw a Warning when it is set up
"Task registered task "\EmailChanges18.rrd" , but not all specified triggers will start the task. User Action: Ensure all the task triggers are valid as configured. Additional Data: Error Value: 2147942487."
But there is no history at the time it is supposed to run. If I click RUN in Task Scheduler a popup says
"an error has occurred. The selected task "{0}" no longer exists"
and then the history error message is
"Task Scheduler failed to start "\EmailChanges18.rrd" task for user "(default user)". Additional Data: Error Value: 2147943568."
The actions are:
Program/Script: C:\Program Files (x86)\SaberLogic\Logicity\Logicity Desktop.exe
Add arguments: --quiet "C:\Logicity\EmailChanges18.rrd"
Start In C:\Logicity
This is trying to run C:\Logicity\MemberChangeEmail.rpt
I've read the past comments and tried various solutions but couldn't seem to get it to work. There were comments about the new version fixing the issues but no luck.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Scheduler 1.8.9 Not Working 21 Feb 2018 19:49 #2595

• kprice
I'm not sure what you have tired, so here are some of the common solutions I have found for the errors you listed:
un-schedule and reschedule the task has clear this up in some cases.
Another solution is to check if the task scheduler is out of sync with the task files:
  1. Open Task Scheduler and click OK when prompted with the error. It may seem like you are receiving the same error over and over, but this is really due to the number of tasks which are broken. Make a note of the number of times you are prompted with the the selected task "{0}" error. This is the number of task files that are out of sync with the registry.
  2. Start with the first folder under Windows tasks (Task Scheduler(Local)\Task Scheduler Library\Microsoft\Windows) and select each folder in turn until you receive the the selected task "{0}" error. This folder contains files that are not in sync with the task scheduler.
    Open Windows Explorer and navigate to the tasks file folder (%SystemFolder%\Tasks\Microsoft\Windows) and find the folder which corresponds to the folder in which you received the error.
  3. For some tasks you will be able to determine which files need to be deleted by comparing the list in the Task Scheduler with the list of files in Explorer. Some tasks will only have a single file in explorer, or, in one case I had 2 and the first was missing. Once Task Scheduler encounters this error it will no longer display tasks so it makes the job of getting the two in sync a little more difficult. Once you have determined which files exist in the File Folder but do not exist in the Task Scheduler folder, delete those files.
  4. IMPORTANT - Close and Re-open Task Scheduler. Once the error is encountered, Task Scheduler no longer displays the tasks so you need to close it and restart in order to continue your synchronization effort.
  5. Continue to select folders in Task Scheduler under Windows tasks until you encounter the error again and repeat the process of determining which file exists on the file system, but not in Task Scheduler.
Both of these solutions were found in this form post
Error messege: the selected task "{0}" no longer exists.

Please try these out and post back if this solved your issue.

Scheduler 1.8.9 Not Working 25 Sep 2018 14:51 #2880

• rmontr
Hello,
I am encountering this exact same issue. This history screen for the scheduled task shows this "Task registered task "\Managers Report - JH Teams.rrd" , but not all specified triggers will start the task. User Action: Ensure all the task triggers are valid as configured. Additional Data: Error Value: 2147942487." immediately, before it has even tried to execute the scheduled task. Ideas?