TOPIC: Email Function NOT working

Email Function NOT working 24 Sep 2012 22:43 #1172

• choonheng
Dear Forum members

I am new to Logicity Solution Builder
I had configured the EMAIL function with schedule....the RRD executed, but I did not received any email at all, there is NO ERROR message at all
I try to get rid of the schedule & EXECUTE the RRD manually, nothing happen...
I think the setting is pretty simply & I shall not miss out anything....but the final result is : I get nothing

I had been trying around for 2 days & think that Logicity do have 180,000 installation, it could not be program error, it shall be setting which I miss out, but I found nothing else I can adjust(at my knowledge level)...

Hope somebody can help

Choon Heng
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Email Function NOT working 28 Sep 2012 11:08 #1178

• Brockloch
Hi

Does the report work when you preview it?

Email Function NOT working 29 Sep 2012 23:21 #1181

• choonheng
Yes..it worked perfectly....even if I choose action of SAVE....it work well too...
Just when come to email.....it do not send out any email ..
In many case..no error message came out...but some time I got (EmailCrystalReport)-refer to attachment...

The SMTP setting is correct (it used to use the setting for other application)..& logicity did not appear error message on it...

Just do not know..the email attachment not received

Choon Heng
Attachments:

Email Function NOT working 30 Sep 2012 12:19 #1182

• aellis
If the save action is working that tells us the report is alright and this isn't a case of Logicity needing parameter data or is suppressing data due to no records (assuming you are using the same report for all of your tests). I took a look at the screenshot you sent and it seems to indicate that it cannot attach the file to the email because it is being used by another process. I have seen this sort of behavior before when an antivirus software is installed and it is trying to scan the temp file and locks up the process. If you have an antivirus, could you try disabling it and see if that gets rid of that message?

The only other thought I would have if it is not throwing any error messages is to check the spam settings on your email server / client. It might be that the email being generated by Logicity is being discarded as spam (especially if the from address is not resolveable).