TOPIC: Error logging onto database when run a schedule

Error logging onto database when run a schedule 22 Jan 2013 13:22 #1270

• JSach
Hi,

'I am trying to schedule a report to mail me the details but i'm getting an error when trying to connect to the database.
I have checked I have the ODBC drivers and connections installed, and I can connect to the database okay with Crystal reports and Toad etc.
I have set permissions to all folders and passwords have been double checked but keeps kicking me out and not accepting my password.

Any help would most appreciated please.

Cheers..
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Error logging onto database when run a schedule 23 Jan 2013 16:16 #1272

• aellis
Hmm - usually if you can run it in Crystal it should run in Logicity. Both Crystal and Logicity are on the same PC right? If you are on a 64-bit computer like most of us nowadays, you do need to make sure your ODBC settings are getting entered into the correct 32-bit control panel. In the current Logicity we have a link to the correct Control Panel in the Logicity program group. If that all looks correct the next thing I would suggest is running the report in Logicity with a view action and see if it pops up. Sometimes scheduling can hide the real issue where viewing is more verbose. Keep in mind that for a scheduled report to work it needs all parameters to be defined, can only be a save / e-mail / print action, and the scheduled task needs to be set to run as your Windows user (with domain name if applicable) that will remain logged into the computer where the scheduled task is set to run.

Error logging onto database when run a schedule 23 Jan 2013 16:28 #1273

• JSach
Hi Aellis,
Thanks for you reply...

I am running a 32 bit machine.
I'd have a 64 bit machine and would love to use this but I'm unable to get the ODBC connections working for me to do this. :(
If you have ODBC drivers running on a 64 bit machine could you possibly pass me a link to the drivers or let me know how you got this working please.
I have run both apps on the same machine and have rebuilt another pc and logged in with another ID to test with but still no luck.
When I run this in view mode without a schedule, it pops up a message for me to sign into the oracle database then tells me logon failed..
Very frustrating. Starting to think it is something more sinister with my logon.

Many thanks for your Reply again.