TOPIC: Task running in background since upgrade

Task running in background since upgrade 24 Feb 2015 09:03 #1845

• AWhewell2
Hi,

Since we've upgraded to 1.8, the scheduled RRD files run in the background, without the dialogue to show which report is running.

It's actually a nice feature, as it means that you can't inadvertently cancel it if you press space at the wrong time (as I did last night on report 360 of 420!) however it would be useful if this could be toggled off whilst testing a new RRD.

Is this a variable that we can set? Or is it a hardwired feature of the updated scheduler?

Thanks,

Andrew Whewell
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Task running in background since upgrade 24 Feb 2015 17:45 #1846

• RonMoses
The task that gets created probably looks something like this:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\SaberLogic\Logicity\Logicity Desktop.exe" --quiet "C:\Reports\test.rrd"

I believe it's the --quiet flag you're looking for. Trying removing that from the scheduled task and see if it makes a difference.

(I don't believe the new scheduler is in place yet, is it? My 1.8 installation is still using Windows Task Scheduler.)

Task running in background since upgrade 25 Feb 2015 09:12 #1847

• AWhewell2
Sorry, I meant the way in which the scheduled task is created... it now has a different syntax which allows it to work with Windows Server 2012 (among other OS I'm sure)

I think you're right about the quiet flag... that would certainly explain it... I think that's one of the changes which has been included..

Thanks,

Andrew