• Page:

TOPIC: RRD File won't open after being saved

RRD File won't open after being saved 27 Jul 2015 18:14 #1997

• wstewart
Logicity Free
Server 2008 R2 64-bit
Crystal Reports2011
Sage 2014
I created several reports in solution builder, ran and them saved. When I open Logicity solution builder, select the report it does not appear in the box. I can recreate it and the same thing happens.

Thanks in advance for your help
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RRD File won't open after being saved 29 Jul 2015 15:30 #1998

• RonMoses
I'm a bit confused so let me ask some potentially stupid questions. Please bear with me.

"I created several reports in solution builder"... your subject line mentions RRDs. Are you talking about RRDs or reports?

"When I open Logicity solution builder, select the report it does not appear in the box."... I'm with you as far as "I open Logicity solution builder." When you say "select the report" do you mean open the RRD? And what box are you referring to?

RRD File won't open after being saved 02 Sep 2015 15:53 #2017

• ST@medpay
I've got the same issue, so perhaps I can clarify.

Sometimes after saving an RRD, it cannot be opened again. If you attempt to open that newly saved RRD, nothing happens. If you have a working RRD open, and attempt to open a broken one, the working RRD stays open as though you did nothing.

This doesn't happen with every report, but certain ones consistently trigger this bug. I'm still testing to find out what that trigger may be.

So wstewart's post clarified:
I created several RRD's in solution builder, ran and them saved. When I open Logicity solution builder, select the RRD it does not appear in the display area (Display Name | File Name). I can recreate it and the same thing happens.

RRD File won't open after being saved 03 Sep 2015 14:28 #2018

• ST@medpay
I found one sure trigger. A ? (question mark) in a parameter name will definitely stop the RRD from functioning correctly. I think it's safe to say that "&", "%", "\", and any kind of bracket character will break the RRD too, but I haven't tested them yet.

wstewart, I'm hoping you still check these boards. If you open the RRD in a text editor (like Notepad) and remove all question marks that don't directly follow ".rpt", and save, you can open the RRD file in Logicity Solution Builder again.

RRD File won't open after being saved 03 Sep 2015 17:06 #2019

• wstewart
I'm still here. Another project pulled me in a different direction. I will test the solution above and post the findings next.

Thx

RRD File won't open after being saved 23 Nov 2015 17:05 #2093

• tfilipovic39
I'm having the same issue, cannot get Solution Builder to open the rrd file that was created from Solution Builder. I've done previous ones that worked, but this one will not open. There are no ? characters after the .rpt? text, any other ideas on what the issue might be?

RRD File won't open after being saved 23 Nov 2015 17:27 #2094

• ST@medpay
I'd say just make sure there aren't any other "weird" characters in your Crystal Report's parameter names or formula names.

Just to be clear, the edits that probably need doing should be done in Crystal Reports, not Logicity or Notepad. Removing characters from the RRD file via Notepad is just to get the file to open in Logicity, but not necessarily allow it to run.

RRD File won't open after being saved 23 Nov 2015 19:47 #2096

• tfilipovic39
No luck, I even un-installed and re-installed Logicity and made sure I was running it as administrator. Every rrd I create manually is fine, but if it's one I'm creating from another rrd, it won't open, it creates it, won't open it. Have also run tests to create the file as a txt, it creates that and I'm able to open in Notepad and all the data is fine. Really scratching my head here and need to get this to work.
Last Edit: 23 Nov 2015 19:51 by tfilipovic39.

RRD File won't open after being saved 23 Nov 2015 20:56 #2097

• tfilipovic39
OK, got a little further this time, I made sure in the Crystal rrd generation report that the header and body formula were totally left aligned, to the left most spacing, it did generate! But now it won't execute?

RRD File won't open after being saved 23 Nov 2015 21:14 #2098

• ST@medpay
In my experience, the RRD will execute once as long as you haven't saved it yet, even if it contains bad characters.

It still sounds like it could be a similar problem to what I faced, but the space formatting partially fixing things is new to me. Any Logicity heavy-hitters willing to chime in?
  • Page: