TOPIC: Failed to open connection

Failed to open connection 19 Apr 2008 00:43 #151

• rmvazquez
I am getting failed to open connection error and something else. It is displayed in the img file here. Please help!

Thanks a bunch. Just for the info I am trying to run a crystal report file that connects to a database to get some information and I am trying to send it to two recipients that are outside my company.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Post edited by: rmvazquez, at: 2008/04/18 17:45
Attachments:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Failed to open connection 23 Apr 2008 00:55 #158

• rmvazquez
Ok, I checked a couple of things. When I try to open the report it will say that it failed to open connection. It is not prompting me to enter the database password. Anyone know why this report is doing this?

Re:Failed to open connection 29 Apr 2008 17:34 #162

• mattholbrook
First, make sure you have a database connection setup on the computer you are trying to run Logicity from. Also, make sure the data source name on the computer exactly match up to the data source name on the report. When your creating your solution file after you browse out to the report, the following screen will require a data base user name and password. Check all this and let me know.

Thanks!
Matt

Re:Failed to open connection 29 Apr 2008 17:49 #163

• mattholbrook
First, make sure you have a database connection setup on the computer you are trying to run Logicity from. Also, make sure the data source name on the computer exactly match up to the data source name on the report. When your creating your solution file after you browse out to the report, the following screen will require a data base user name and password. Check all this and let me know.

Thanks!
Matt