TOPIC: Windows 10?

Windows 10? 14 Apr 2016 16:52 #2217

• kcushing
I have created rrd files successfully to do different things in the past. This is the first time I've tried it on a Windows 10 machine. I'm not sure if that is the issue though.. I am having trouble getting any RRD file to run successfully on this machine. It usually times out saying it can't connect to the database. What is weird is if I just double-click an rpt file, Logicity has no problem running the report. But if then I create the simplest of Solutions that just does all of the defaults like connect to the database and ask for parameters, and view the report, it won't run.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Windows 10? 14 Apr 2016 16:59 #2218

• mholbrook
Hello,

On the Database info tab if you are using odbc do you leave database server and database name blank? Can you try only filling in username and password? Thanks!

Matt

Windows 10? 14 Apr 2016 17:29 #2220

• kcushing
Sorry, I forgot to mention that the report uses OLEDB directly to a MS SQL server. I did type the connection information in when creating the RRD file.

Windows 10? 14 Apr 2016 20:19 #2228

• kcushing
I am a little embarrassed. The solution was that the path to the sql server context had a forward slash instead of a backslash in it. Someone else had created the rrd and when verifying it I missed it.