TOPIC: Unable to save to PDF using RRD file

Unable to save to PDF using RRD file 21 Nov 2008 09:54 #317

• fragglemoo
I have a number of RRD files that save to PDF and email correctly, these are single reports and ones containing aub reports. Any new RRD's I create with Reports with sub reports will no longer save to PDF or email, I can save via the viewer and CR2008 manually but not via RRD. The sub reports all contain data.

Does anyone know why this is now happening? I've tried several versions of Logicity on different pcs and get the same problem.

Thanks.
Last Edit: 21 Nov 2008 10:24 by fragglemoo. Reason: Updated info
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Unable to save to PDF using RRD file 21 Nov 2008 14:39 #318

• mattholbrook
Hi,

I believe the problem you are having is due to no data in the main report. Logicity is setup to not email or export a report that does not have data in the main report in order to not email a blank PDF. Even if the subreports contain data the report still will not email. To work around this drop a field on the canvas of the main report that you know will always pull data. For example a field that contains the company name that will always return some data. Let me know if this works out for you.

Thanks!!!
Matt

Re:Unable to save to PDF using RRD file 24 Nov 2008 08:30 #319

• fragglemoo
Thanks for replying but if you read my original post you will see there is data in ALL the reports.

Re:Unable to save to PDF using RRD file 24 Nov 2008 14:13 #320

• bellis
Hi Fragglemoo,

Did you read through Matt's post? In your original request you had said that:
The sub reports all contain data.

Matt had said that you can run into this problem if the main report does not have data. For instance, you cannot have a blank main report and just have the subreports pull all of the data. That is where his suggestion that you pull a single value field in the main report that can bypass that issue.

So is it the case that ALL reports contain data or only (as your first post clearly stated) ALL sub reports contain data.

Thanks!
Brian

Re:Unable to save to PDF using RRD file 24 Nov 2008 14:23 #322

• fragglemoo
Sorry my typo in the original post - there is data in the sub reports and master reports.

The problem was with the SQL itself and is now resolved.

Re:Unable to save to PDF using RRD file 31 Aug 2009 15:34 #507

• nsr2000
how you generated PDF file from RRD? which s/w and application u used?

i am using CACTI... want to generate report and auto email it

can you help me out?