• Page:
  • 1
  • 2

TOPIC: failed to retireve data in solution builder

Re:failed to retireve data in solution builder 12 Jan 2011 19:27 #729

  • aellis
  • aellis's Avatar
This one has got me stumped. Do you have the full copy of Crystal on the same system as Logicity?

The one other thing that crossed my mind is that possibly it is the way that the main report passes parameters to the subreport might be part of the problem. I wonder if you'd delete that link to pass the information from the main report to the subreport if it would run? I would expect you would be prompted for the parameter when the report runs then but at least if it ran that would tell us where the problem lies.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:failed to retireve data in solution builder 13 Jan 2011 00:21 #730

  • cheirobom
  • cheirobom's Avatar
  • Offline
Yes i have full version of crystal reports 2008 installed. However this has been tested on another computer that doesn't have cr installed. It gets same error.

If i delete the subreport link, I get prompted for 2 parameters in crystal or in logicity desktop. Runs fine if I manually supply both. Funny thing is the rrd solution doesnt recognize the parameter for the subreport. Even after creating a brand new rrd file it doesn't show up. On the parameters tab, after you pick specified, it refreshes and displays only the parameter for the main report. If i run it anyways it says missing parameter values.

Any ideas?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:failed to retireve data in solution builder 13 Jan 2011 00:52 #731

  • cheirobom
  • cheirobom's Avatar
  • Offline
Let me try to upload report zipped.

Attachment 6x4_AssemblyLabel2.zip not found

Attachments:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:failed to retireve data in solution builder 13 Jan 2011 01:15 #732

  • cheirobom
  • cheirobom's Avatar
  • Offline
One more bit of info. I made a new test report. This one with just a main report that is linked to the stored procdedure that was used for the subreport in the original rpt. It runs fine when manually supplying the parameter in lc desktop. In the rrd solution it now recognizes the parameter. However when executed it still gives the same failed to retrieve error. So it seems for whatever reason that the rrd solution doesn't get along with this stored procedure.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:failed to retireve data in solution builder 13 Jan 2011 14:50 #733

  • aellis
  • aellis's Avatar
Mark,

I had a look at your report and nothing jumped out at me as being the obvious issue. So next I tried replicating this on my end by doing the following:

- I created a stored procedure that points to a work order table in an ERP system we work with. You pass the stored procedure a work order ID and it returns the row for that work order.

- I created a second stored procedure that points to a materials table that links to that work order table. It uses 4 fields from the work order table to return the correct list of materials. The stored procedure accepts these four fields as arguments to return the rows.

- Now I wrote a Crystal Report with the work order stored procedure on the main report and the materials stored procedure on a subreport. I pass database field values from the main report into this subreport so populate all of the parameters.

This works fine for me as both a 'View' action and a 'Save' action. I just give it the work order ID and it is correctly pulling up the list of materials as well. I tried this as both ODBC and OLE and both worked fine. Do you have some other stored procedure you could try placing in the subreport just to verify this doesn't happen for *all* linked parameter subreports based on stored procedures on your end?

Thanks,
Adam
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:failed to retireve data in solution builder 13 Jan 2011 22:21 #734

  • cheirobom
  • cheirobom's Avatar
  • Offline
It doesn't have anything to do with sub reports. I get same error on almost all my stored procedures just using them in main. Its weird. I found a couple of them that do work in an rrd. I copied one exactly just renaming it, then made a report with it. Doesn't work. So maybe its a db permission thing. Although i'm not sure why they would work in lc desktop if that was the problem. Anyways the problem must lie in my sp's somehow. Thanks for your help.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
  • 1
  • 2

Logicity Logo White 300

526 S Main St., Suite 805, Akron, OH 44311 USA
855.758.0100
sales@logicitysuite.com