• Page:

TOPIC: Can I Specify Output FileName?

Can I Specify Output FileName? 31 Mar 2011 14:27 #771

• Cyberguys
Is it possible to specify the filename of the output PDF file in the command-line ??
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Can I Specify Output FileName? 31 Mar 2011 14:31 #772

• aellis
Yeah, absolutely. You can put variables anywhere in Logicity Solution Builder and replace them on the command line. So do something like %FILENAME%.pdf as the file name and then just pass that on the command line.

Re:Can I Specify Output FileName? 31 Mar 2011 14:34 #773

• Cyberguys
Perfect! Thanks for the quick reply!

Re:Can I Specify Output FileName? 31 Mar 2011 15:38 #774

• Cyberguys
I tried what you suggested, and get the saved file name to be "%FILENAME%.pdf" ... what is the syntax for multiple command-line parameters ? Or, am I missing something ?? This is my command-line:

>"c:\Program Files\SaberLogic\Logicity\Logicity Desktop.exe" "C:\Documents and Settings\BWS\CrystalReports\MyInv.rrd" myOrderNumber=148300 FILENAME=INV_148300

Re:Can I Specify Output FileName? 31 Mar 2011 15:48 #775

• aellis
I think you just need to separate your replacements with a semicolon instead of a space. So something like this:

"c:\Program Files\SaberLogic\Logicity\Logicity Desktop.exe" "C:\Documents and Settings\BWS\CrystalReports\MyInv.rrd" myOrderNumber=148300;FILENAME=INV_148300

Re:Can I Specify Output FileName? 31 Mar 2011 17:50 #776

• Cyberguys
I must be doing something silly and/or wrong ... now it doesn't seem to be taking any replacement parameter on the command line ??

Re:Can I Specify Output FileName? 31 Mar 2011 17:55 #777

• aellis
This feature is only part of Logicity Pro - can you confirm that is what you are using?

Re:Can I Specify Output FileName? 31 Mar 2011 17:56 #778

• aellis
This is a feature only active in Logicity Pro - can you confirm that is what you are running and that you have entered your license key?

Re:Can I Specify Output FileName? 31 Mar 2011 18:02 #779

• Cyberguys
As far as I can tell it's the pro version ... just purchased and registered it early today. It DID work with params on the command-line earlier, but now isn't ... I re-registered (re-entered the company and code) ... it says that it's registered...

Re:Can I Specify Output FileName? 01 Apr 2011 12:44 #780

• aellis
The quickest way to tell if it is registered correctly is to go to Start / Programs / SaberLogic Logicity / Register Logicity. When the window pops up if you see a green check mark to the right of the serial number field you should be all set.

The other thing to check is that you are running the recently uploaded Logicity 1.6.0025 as we had a bug fix related to command line replacements in that version. If all else fails maybe you could send me your RRD file to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. (remove the underscores) and I'll check it out to see if something jumps out at me.
  • Page: