• Page:

TOPIC: Can I Specify Output FileName?

Re:Can I Specify Output FileName? 22 Jun 2017 19:35 #2560

• kottobahn
Hello. I'm in the process if devloping an app to run a .rpt file and send it to a .pdf via the command lind.
So far I can run the report, pass the parameter to it but, I don't want the report to display. I only want to send it to a .pdf. Can you tell me where I'm going wrong?

"logicity desktop.exe" "C:\Users\kott
o\Documents\A Sunvair\Picture Pages\Landscape Overlay.rpt" "WORK_ORDER=SV-1641",
1, TRUE; "FILENAME=C:\Users\kotto\documents\A Sunvair\Picture Pages\OutputOverl
ay.pdf"
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Can I Specify Output FileName? 22 Jun 2017 20:08 #2561

• aellis
kottobahn, one thing to note off the bat is that command line parameters are only available in the Pro version of Logicity. If you have that, you are going to need to create a RRD for your report using Logicity Solution Builder to output the report exactly as you want it and I would recommend just hard-coding that WORK_ORDER parameter initially to take things in baby steps. After you have the RRD written you should be able to provide the pull path to Logicity Desktop followed by a space and then followed by the full path to the RRD to verify it outputs without command line parameters first. If you get this far then you will simple want to change the hard coded parameter for WORK_ORDER to a variable in the RRD and specify it on the command line much like you have above.

Re:Can I Specify Output FileName? 23 Jun 2017 05:32 #2565

• kottobahn
Thank you so much for the reply. First, I do have Logicity Pro. Second, the report is running perfectly with the command I posted. The only challenge now is to, instead of the report appearing on the screen, I would like the output be a .pdf file on my workstation. I've tried several different methods and the report only displays. I don't want to view the report. I just want to have a file sent to a directory.

Re:Can I Specify Output FileName? 23 Jun 2017 17:55 #2566

• aellis
So where you see it working fine as-is, just note that anything after the .rpt in your command string is not actually doing anything. You must use a RRD if you wish to do anything other than view the report file.
  • Page: