TOPIC: Solution Builder and numerous sub-reports

Solution Builder and numerous sub-reports 07 May 2012 11:46 #986

• NuttCorp
I have a report that has numerous sub-reports (Basically a dashboard). I can execute this report using Logicity Desktop just fine. However when I try and build an rrd to export the report to a PDF it doesn't work. It acts like it will work and goes through the motions, but there isn't a PDF in the destination directory. I have tried putting it to a printer and e-mailing it as well, but the same thing happens. Not sure what the problem is, if SB runs out of memory and dies, or what, but I really need this fixed!

I am running the latest version of Logicity Desktop/Solution Builder, on Windows XP SP3 32-bit.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Solution Builder and numerous sub-reports 07 May 2012 19:02 #987

• sduranceau
Hello!
I believe the problem is that you need at least one record in the main report for this to work.
I hope this helps!
-Devin

Re:Solution Builder and numerous sub-reports 14 May 2012 09:59 #989

• iwebster
Can any one explain me the term logical desktop,Is it any kind of a programmed software for data encryption or is it any kind of a desktop logically enabled with Artificial intelligence.

Re:Solution Builder and numerous sub-reports 15 May 2012 13:05 #990

• NuttCorp
Thank you dellis, that was exactly the problem. I added some fields to the details section, and then supressed it, and it now runs properly through the RRD file.

That said, while this is a nice workaround, it would be nice if the software was updated to not just die when no records are returned in the details section of the report!

Re:Solution Builder and numerous sub-reports 24 May 2012 08:21 #996

• dstoller
What exactly is the logical desktop is????

forklift seat
Last Edit: 24 May 2012 08:22 by dstoller.