TOPIC: CSV Data alignment

CSV Data alignment 24 Jul 2012 08:17 #1026

• aberndt
Since purchasing the new version 1.6.29 we are having a few problems when running sheduled reports that produce a csv output. Basically the data is being moved out of alignment. If it is exported to an xls document rather than csv it is fine. We used to use version 1.6.0003 and that is fine. ( we have tested running the same report on both versions and the earlier version has no probs )

I have attached an image showing an example.
Attachments:
Last Edit: 24 Jul 2012 08:22 by aberndt.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:CSV Data alignment 24 Jul 2012 13:20 #1027

• aellis
Your problem is likely that we got rid of the double quote delimiter a while back upon user request. That is to say, a CSV file used to come out like this:

"FIELD1","FIELD2","FIELD3"

and with the current Logicity it now comes out like this:

FIELD1,FIELD2,FIELD3

Ultimately there are valid reasons for folks wanting it both ways and in 1.7 we are working on a new way to expose all exporting options so you can make it work however you want. In the meantime, I have put up a special version of 1.6.29 for you out on our FTP that puts the delimiter back in. To get the file go to:

Server: ftp.saberlogic.com
User Name: Logicity
Password: F63LD45x

Let me know if that doesn't fix it up for you and keep and eye out for the upcoming Logicity 1.7 releases with the new features to give you control on this exporting.

Re:CSV Data alignment 10 Aug 2012 14:16 #1065

• aberndt
Thanks very much, that new version fixed our issue.