• Page:

TOPIC: Invalid Path

Invalid Path 26 Jul 2012 19:44 #1033

• Lolitta
We are using Logicity free viewer in conjunction with a 3rd party application that uses a Crystal Report runtime to generate it's reports. We did a upgrade of the 3rd party application which corrupted my installation of Logicity. So we reinstalled Logicity, so now we are getting a invalid file path error when we try to open a CR.rpt in Logicity.
Does anyone have any ideas?

Tommy Puckett
Echo Program Data Coordinator
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Invalid Path 26 Jul 2012 19:48 #1034

• aellis
Do you know if when you reinstalled Logicity whether it was the new 1.7 or the 1.6 version? Being that 1.7 just came out and it is built with a new runtime we are on high alert for new issues that arise.

Re:Invalid Path 26 Jul 2012 19:50 #1035

• Lolitta
We installed 1.7.
My first thought was that the path was too long since it was on a UNC path. It didn't help when I mapped the drive where the files are

Re:Invalid Path 26 Jul 2012 19:52 #1036

• aellis
Is there a chance you downloaded 1.7.0002? There is a new-er one now that is 1.7.0003 and it fixed an issue specific to what you are seeing here.

Re:Invalid Path 26 Jul 2012 19:56 #1037

• Lolitta
We are using 1.7.1.0.

Re:Invalid Path 26 Jul 2012 19:57 #1038

• aellis
Ok, try grabbing the latest one out there. That should fix it or at least give us a more helpful error message to work from.

Re:Invalid Path 26 Jul 2012 20:01 #1039

• Lolitta
This is helpful because I installed the 1.7.003 on my machine and it was working. The version 1.7.1 was on our terminal server producing the error.

Re:Invalid Path 26 Jul 2012 20:22 #1040

• Lolitta
Thanks, we will give it a try

Re:Invalid Path 27 Jul 2012 13:40 #1041

• Lolitta
We have installed 1.7.3. We are no longer getting the invalid path error. We are now only able to log into and run the report with the DBA account. Both accounts that we have tried to run the report with have DBA rights. We get a login failed message. I am still able to run and edit the report in CR with the account that version 1.7.3 fails to log into.

Re:Invalid Path 27 Jul 2012 20:03 #1042

• aellis
Was this something that worked correctly in 1.6 but has now stopped working in 1.7? You can still get 1.6 from the downloads section if you've not tried it before. I would be very curious of the results there.
  • Page: