• Page:

TOPIC: Failure sending mail. (emailCrystalReport)

Failure sending mail. (emailCrystalReport) 15 Mar 2021 10:00 #11404

• dlit
Hey all,

I've recently upgraded to Logicity Professional (v1.9.3.0) and installed it on a fully patched Windows 2016 Server. When I go to test Crystal Reports being sent with SSL switched on, it's intermittent. I either get the report or get the failure error.
When it's switched off it works completely fine no issues. I don't want to send the reports without SSL switched on. Any ideas on what to check?

Kind regards,
DLIT.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Failure sending mail. (emailCrystalReport) 15 Mar 2021 18:15 #11406

• KCrane
There is an Email Settings Tester used to help validate the email settings without having to execute a RRD via the Solution Builder. The utility may help you flush out the issue and/or offer a more verbose error message.

The Email Settings Tester can be downloaded here: drive.google.com/file/d/1iAZE39G-LJJOdTz...6tK/view?usp=sharing

Failure sending mail. (emailCrystalReport) 16 Mar 2021 11:58 #11411

• dlit
Hey KCrane,

What tests does the .exe perform to validate the email settings?

Kind regards,
DLIT

Failure sending mail. (emailCrystalReport) 17 Mar 2021 16:27 #11424

• dlit
Hey KCrane,

Before I use the email settings tester, I'd like to know how it validates the email settings, can you elaborate please?

Kind regards,
DLIT.

Failure sending mail. (emailCrystalReport) 18 Mar 2021 20:10 #11432

• KCrane
The Email Settings Tester is used for Logicity and other Logicity products to simulate the emailing process used and to offer a more verbose response.

Last Edit: 18 Mar 2021 20:11 by KCrane.

Failure sending mail. (emailCrystalReport) 24 Mar 2021 15:20 #11482

• dlit
Hey KCrane,

I've ran the settings tester with the settings I've been using and the email came through successfully. However I have noticed we're still getting the error at random intervals throughout the day.

Are there any other tests I could do?

Kind regards,
DLIT.

Failure sending mail. (emailCrystalReport) 24 Mar 2021 17:08 #11484

• KCrane
Hi DLIT - You may want to run the tester multiple times to possible catch a time when the error might occur and also receive a more verbose error.

Does the intermittent error offer any insight?

And being intermittent does make it more difficult to troubleshoot especially if the error is being caused by something other than Logicity.

Failure sending mail. (emailCrystalReport) 25 Mar 2021 14:17 #11500

• smcbride
I was having the same issue. We recently switched to Microsoft365 which uses SSL
Sometimes the email sent and other times they don't. I ran the Email Settings Tester and got the following error: "authentication failed because the remote party has closed the transport stream"
That led me to this webpage: stackoverflow.com/questions/30664566/aut...the-transport-stream
I ended up going into the registry and added the new DWORD : SchUseStrongCrypto (enable with 1)
to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP\v4\Full
When I ran the Email Tester, it worked.
Hope this helps!

Failure sending mail. (emailCrystalReport) 06 Apr 2021 11:24 #11626

• dlit
Hey all,

It's become easier to test now as it's failing more often. I've attached the error I'm getting. It's basically the same error as smcbride was getting.

I have tried their solution and it didn't work, I've double checked my settings and they're correct. I am also using Exchange Online for this, however I'm routing via an internal only connector that doesn't require a password to authenticate. After reading the link smcbride provided, I noticed that they said the issue on there was fixed on .NET 4.6 onwards, I've downloaded the latest (v4.8) and installed, the issue still persists. What version of .NET does Logicity use?

Thanks in advance,
DLIT.
Last Edit: 06 Apr 2021 13:22 by dlit.

Failure sending mail. (emailCrystalReport) 06 Apr 2021 13:22 #11627

• bellis
Hi DLIT!

Can you try this version out?
drive.google.com/file/d/1iohzJWDgjQ41YpD...lnd/view?usp=sharing

I recompiled a version of Logicity based on .Net 4.6, if that works for you we'll get it published out as an official version.

Thanks!
Brian
  • Page: