• Page:

TOPIC: Multiple Database Connections in single report

Multiple Database Connections in single report 11 Oct 2012 19:47 #1183

• constantine
I just recently discovered Logicity and think it's a fantastic product.

I'm using the Free version and am having difficulty running a Crystal Report (developed in CR2008) that access data from 2 different databased on the same MS-SQL 2008 server.

The database credentials prompt from Logicity displays a "blank" database name. Normally when I execute the report within the Crystal Reports designer application, I get prompted for each database connection (2 prompts).

Is multiple database logins supported with Logicity?

In the mean time I'm going to try to rewrite the report to access the 2nd database through the 1st database's connection.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Multiple Database Connections in single report 18 Oct 2012 19:14 #1191

• dellis
Hello!
I'm afraid that multiple database logins is not currently supported in Logicity. The only real workaround I can think of is to somehow get one of the databases to not require a password.
I hope this helps!
-Devin

Multiple Database Connections in single report 15 Jul 2013 15:36 #1398

• constantine
Hi Devin -

I know this is an old thread but is very relevant into how our reports are designed. I want to upgrade to the Pro version of your application, but unfortunately the way the database login is handled is going to be the deal killer.

I have report files that connect to a SINGLE database in Crystal, but I'm using Commands rather than tables within the Crystal Reports designer. Regardless I have never had an issue executing these reports within Crystal or any other applications that support crystal report files with the exception of Logicity.

I look into the .rrd file that executes these reports and the connection string is accurate. I even specify the 'dbdb' paramater but upon execution it appears Logicity just ignores this string. The string is correct and the report will execute perfect is Logicity simply just did not ignore my string and connected to the database server exactly how I defined it.

Are you willing to help me resolve this?

Thanks.

Multiple Database Connections in single report 16 Jul 2013 09:19 #1400

• mc
I have tried this but this but it still does not work.
1st Database has no username / password
2nd database has username & password

Logicity Viewer works fine. You are prompted for the password and once entered all ok.

Logicity Scheduler throws an error saying it cannot find the table in the 1st database.
Is it trying to login to the 1st database using the credentials of the 2nd?

Multiple Database Connections in single report 23 Nov 2015 17:31 #2095

• dellis
Hello,
Logicity 1.8 now supports multiple database logins, as well as many other requested features. If you need further assistance let me know.
-Devin

Multiple Database Connections in single report 18 Jan 2016 08:11 #2142

• yxasqw12
(Version 1.8.8.0) we try to use multiple database connections in a single report for the first time and have the following Problem:
The report is based on 2 data sources (both Lotus Notes SQL Driver) and works, if executed manually: for both data sources the input for user and password is prompted, then the report executes perfectly.
Execution via Solution Builder fails with an error message that the table of the second data source is not found or in some cases with a ‘Logon failed’ error message.
It works only if action ‘View’ is selected: then only the login-dialog for the second data source is prompted and the report executes.
It seems not possible to provide the Login Parameters for the second database within the configuration wizard. See screenshots attached
Is there a Workaround to input the 2 datasources via text Editor? What would be the correct Syntax?

.......DiscardSavedData=True&dbserver=&dbdb=&dbuser=&dbpass=&ViewerCloseButton=True....................&dbmulti=True&

Best regards
Anna
Attachments:

Multiple Database Connections in single report 08 Aug 2016 08:01 #2363

• mc
Has anybody found a solution to using multi databases?
I've tried V1.8 and get the exact same problem as yxasqw12.
It seems that Logicity is not scanning the report for the DB connections or else not picking them up.
I have two DB ODBC connections and neither show up when you select MultiDatabase connection on the setup screen.
The error I get is exactly like yxasqw12#s screen shots.

Multiple Database Connections in single report 09 Aug 2016 12:11 #2366

• mholbrook
Hi Anna,

There is one thing i would like you to check if you a full copy of Crystal Reports. Can you open up the report in Crystal and go to database, set datasource location? When in there at the top of the window where it says current data source can you expand your datasource, then expand properties below it. Do you see inside of properties where it will say "Database:"? The database listed there is the one you should see in Logicity solution builder. The problem I've come across is Crystal will allow you to have a datasource without a datasource saved with the report. If you do not see one saved please proceed on inside of set datasource location to perform a set database and select one from below "replace with". Thanks!

Matt

Multiple Database Connections in single report 09 Aug 2016 12:47 #2367

• mc
I checked the Datasource location like you said.
Both of the DBs are listed correctly. See image attached.
However, these DBs do not appear or Load in Logicity Solution Builder.
Attachments:

Multiple Database Connections in single report 09 Aug 2016 13:15 #2369

• mholbrook
Hi,
Looking back at your original screenshots I believe i see the error. On the database tab in the solution builder rather than clicking the box that says specified for database credentials please select the first box that says "None". Then you will fill in your database info below rather than in the boxes to the right of specified. Let me know if it then picks up your databases. Thanks!
Matt
  • Page: