TOPIC: Crystal2008 Dynamic Parameters on Solution Builder

Crystal2008 Dynamic Parameters on Solution Builder 15 Jan 2013 00:33 #1256

• NEND
Hello,
I'm new to Logicity, im using Logicity Pro 1.7 , trying to schedule with the Solution Builder a bundle of 7 reports for a customer .
The problem that i'm facing is that the report has Dynamic parameters ( Example City ID (Value) City Name (Description)
When i try to schedule the report i get this error

"The Types of the parameter field and parameter field current value are not compatible"

If i make the report static and type the ID instead of the description , it works , Does this software supports Dynamic parameters ?
It will be difficult for the user to remember the codes.. instead of descriptions.

Note: The report is using a command , and the parameter is embedded on it.

Please I need a response ASAP as i have to schedule 7 reports that are on the same situation
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Crystal2008 Dynamic Parameters on Solution Builder 18 Jan 2013 16:08 #1266

• aellis
I think the problem is that the actual value that is being pushed into the select expert is the ID but the parameter is set up to just show the description. So if you are telling Logicity to run the report you would have to give it the ID because that is what the select expert uses. Could you maybe change your report around so that the description is the value of the parameter and that is what is hooked up in the select expert?
The administrator has disabled public write access.