TOPIC: Failed to open the connection

Failed to open the connection 14 Feb 2013 23:13 #1285

• kdash@calquality.com
Logicity 1.7 on a Win 2003 Std Ed server(32-bit) with 32-bit ODBC drivers. This machine was upgraded from Logicity 1.5 to 1.7. There are now a couple of additional boxes to fill in for Database Info. from my ODBC connection I have supplied my 'Host Name' for the 'Database Server' and the 'Database Name' is the same as 'Database Name' in Logicity.

I receive two lines of "Failed to open the connection" followed by the Crystal report name{ hexadecimal codes}.rpt

What do I do next?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Failed to open the connection 15 Feb 2013 14:16 #1286

• aellis
If it was working alright before with just the user name and password, I would recommend clearing out the 'Database Server' and 'Database Name' fields. Let me know if that works for you.

Failed to open the connection 22 May 2013 10:49 #1362

• paul.guillou
Hi, I just installed Logicity on 64 bit Windows 7 PC. Our rpt files are on a Windows 2003 Server. When I start Logicity Desktop, it asks for the file and then after I've chosen at rpt file, it says Failed to open the connection....

What to do?

Failed to open the connection 22 May 2013 14:44 #1364

• aellis
Paul,

If your report uses an ODBC connection I would first suspect that. There are two ODBC control panels in Windows 64-bit - one for 64-bit applications and one for 32-bit applications. Logicity needs the connection information to be entered into the 32-bit control panel. Search the forums if you are unfamiliar with how to locate that as we've helped several folks through that.

-Adam