TOPIC: Scheduled solutions won't execute

Scheduled solutions won't execute 26 Feb 2013 21:05 #1295

• Marra
hi -- I have 3 different solutions, all of which execute multiple Crystal reports. When I execute the rrd's manually, they succeed -- all report actions are successful.

When I schedule the solution, solution builder launches at the scheduled time, showing the correct actions for the rrd, but nothing happens. No errors, no files generated, etc. The password is correct.

In addition (slightly different topic), when I schedule the rrd the schedule doesn't seem to be saved. That is, I schedule the solution -- it's set to run every day -- save it, but if I click on the schedule button again, I only see the current time -- it doesn't appear to have remembered the previous schedule that I saved.

thanks,
Carol
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Scheduled solutions won't execute 26 Feb 2013 21:18 #1296

• aellis
Marra,

Hmm - it sounds like your scheduled task didn't get set up quite correctly. What you should see if you go into Windows Task Scheduler is something that runs a command similar to the following:

"C:\Program Files\SaberLogic\Logicity\Logicity Desktop.exe" "PATH_TO_YOUR_RRD"

...where PATH_TO_YOUR_RRD is the RRD file you are scheduling. It sounds like the EXE you have it pointed to is Logicity Solution Builder.exe.

You are correct that we are not able to recall the scheduled settings for a RRD after you schedule it. We are just creating a Windows Task Scheduler task with our button and the best place to make future updates is in task scheduler itself.

Hope this helps,
Adam

Scheduled solutions won't execute 26 Feb 2013 22:16 #1299

• Marra
Thanks Adam. It sounded like you thought I might see a reference in the Windows Scheduler to the Solution Builder rather than to Desktop. Not sure if that's the case, but regardless, I'm not seeing *anything* in the Task Scheduler related to Logicity. I really don't know what I might be doing wrong. As I said, Solution Builder comes up at the scheduled time, but nothing happens.

I just created a new action and solution, to try to verify that I'm not missing anything. As I said, the RRD runs just fine when executed manually. And I get the message "Task successfully scheduled" (or some such) once I've created the schedule. I've tried saving the RRD both before and after I set the schedule, but it doesn't seem to make a difference. Really at a loss....

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Carol

Scheduled solutions won't execute 26 Feb 2013 22:20 #1300

• aellis
If you are using a newer version of Windows, you see the scheduled tasks by going to 'Schedule Tasks' in your control panel and then clicking on the 'Task Scheduler Library' object in the list along the right-hand side of the screen that comes up. Do you see your task there? If anything is popping up automatically it must have hit the task scheduler in some way.

Scheduled solutions won't execute 27 Feb 2013 17:10 #1303

• Marra
hi Adam -- More info.

I am finding references to all of the rrd tasks in the scheduler library. I currently have 5, they all behave the same way:

Solution builder starts up and stays up, no PDF is generated. I have to manually close the Solution Builder window. While the SB

window is still up, I can see the task running in the "All Running Tasks" window. (See attached for view of an rrd in the

library and the info about the running task -- which references Solution Builder.exe, not Desktop.) When I kill the SB window,

the task is no longer displayed (after a refresh) in the All Running Tasks window. When I created the schedule such that the

process will stop if it runs longer than 2 minutes, it goes away on its own at that time. Seems that it just can't do what it

needs to do.

One thing I wonder about (in the Library screenshot): the Location of the Table5B.rrd file is "\". Seems like it should be a full

path to me.... I've specified all paths that I need to in the action definition.

Ideas?

Thanks,
Carol

Scheduled solutions won't execute 27 Feb 2013 18:12 #1304

• aellis
Carol,

I am not sure how it would have pointed to solution builder as opposed to desktop, but that is definitely the problem. I would suggest just deleting all of those tasks and re-schedule it.

-Adam

Scheduled solutions won't execute 27 Feb 2013 22:31 #1305

• Marra
hi Adam -- I deleted all tasks via the Scheduler, removed all rrd files, created a new solution w/ one action, scheduled it -- same thing. It comes up o schedule and does nothing, and it's still pointing to Solution Builder. Maybe something in the registry? Should I just uninstall and reinstall Logicity?

Thanks,
Carol