TOPIC: Logon Failed

Logon Failed 14 May 2013 22:02 #1354

• dlingefelt
I am getting a Logon Failed when starting a report that I created on another server. Below are the speciifics;

Created on Crystal Reports 2008
Logicity Version 1.7.14.0
Both server's have the ODBC (32 bit) setup exactly the same with the exception of the SQL Server to connect to. The database names are the same. The servers are on different non connected networks.
The SQL Server on the machine that created the report is 2008 while the SQL Server with logicity is 2008 R2.

The Dabase Login Screen in Logicity has the Server Name and Database name PRN, which is database name on both servers but the server names are different. Oh by the way the DSN and databse are are both "PRN"

I hope I did not leave anything out.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Logon Failed 17 May 2013 13:42 #1356

• aellis
I know that Crystal stores various connection details within the report itself, but I believe it is always just the database name and the server is the ODBC connection name. Is there any chance you can load up the report in a full copy of Crystal and run it against the non-working database just to make sure there isn't some sort of underlying permissions issue or something?

Logon Failed 20 May 2013 16:12 #1357

• dlingefelt
I have loaded CR 2008 and when I update an existing report or create a new one thier are no DSN's listed in the ODBC window. I have setup the ODBC in the 32bit and 64 bit version exactly the same and they pass the test but I cannot see them in CR.

Thanks for your help.

Logon Failed 20 May 2013 16:15 #1358

• aellis
Ok, sounds to me like some sort of registry permissions issue or something. Basically if you are not seeing those ODBC connections in a full copy of Crystal then Logicity won't be able to see them either. There is a lot of Windows security that is out of my area of expertise but you might consider trying to run Crystal as administrator to see if that sheds any light.