TOPIC: Encrypted RRD Does Not Execute As a Scheduled Task

Encrypted RRD Does Not Execute As a Scheduled Task 19 Jul 2013 20:00 #1416

• mbrook
I am using Logicity v. 1.7.15.0. If I encrypt an RRD solution file (as opposed to encrypting a RPT file) the RRD does not execute as a scheduled task. The Task Scheduler completes successfully, but the actions set in the RRD are not triggered. Toggling the encryption option (so that the RRD is no longer encrypted) results in the RRD once again executing as expected as a scheduled task. I have turned on logging within Logicity and no log file is created when the RRD is encrypted. There are no errors trapped in the Task Scheduler history or in the Event logs.

I have re-created this on Windows 7 64-bit and on Windows Server 2008R2 64-bit. The encrypted RRD executes successfully if it is manually executed from with the Solution Builder. I have also recreated this is v. 1.7.14. If anyone is successfully using the RRD encryption option with a scheduled task I would appreciate knowing what version they are running.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Encrypted RRD Does Not Execute As a Scheduled Task 22 Jul 2013 15:03 #1417

• aellis
I am not sure what the difference is, but I was able to get this to work successfully on my end. I am running 1.7.0015 on Windows 7 64-bit. I didn't do anything special to get it working either - I just made a RRD, encrypted it, saved it, and scheduled it. The only thing that I'd suggest is maybe going into task scheduler and deleting any existing task before attempting to schedule the new one. It could be that the scheduled task is pointing to an old RRD?

Encrypted RRD Does Not Execute As a Scheduled Task 22 Jul 2013 21:17 #1420

• mbrook
Thanks for the quick response. I believe I am experiencing permissions issues. What permissions are required for the account that is set to run the reports while not logged in? The user needs access to the Task Scheduler and to Logicity ("log on as batch job" works but when the user is logged out the task runs without invoking Logicity). I would prefer to create a local account on the server and give the account only the necessary permissions. If I give the account admin rights the reports are working--anything less than that and they only worked while logged in.

Encrypted RRD Does Not Execute As a Scheduled Task 24 Jul 2013 16:32 #1423

• aellis
Logicity is, unfortunately, not capable of running from Task Scheduler without the computer being logged in as the user it was scheduled as.