TOPIC: Text Export - Fixed field position and length

Text Export - Fixed field position and length 25 Mar 2014 21:14 #1548

• dsmith3
I have begun testing the Logicity Solution Builder demo version running Crystal Reports that I developed which create .txt export files with fixed field position and length. When I run these reports out of Crystal Reports, preview the results, and then export the data. the reports generate the data in the precise format required. I have written an RRD for one report and on the Action tab I select Save, File Format: TXT, and browse to the location to save the file. When I execute the RRD, the txt file is written, but it is not formatted correctly. The spacing of the exported text is off considerably. I did download and copy the Logicity.Common.dll and replace the file in the program folder where the software is installed. I noticed that you application does not ask the two questions which Crystal Reports asks regarding format, Page length and CPI.

Do I need the professional version in order to obtain the correct spacing? Will the Professional version ask the questions regarding format? Is there a way I can test it prior to purchasing the application?

Thanks,

Donald Smith
The administrator has disabled public write access.