TOPIC: Bursting Crystal Reports

Bursting Crystal Reports 12 Jun 2014 15:20 #1600

• trw
Is there going to be any more documentation on bursting at all?

I've created RRD file with all of the instructions for bursting the report as the directions state - but the scheduler won't open up any of my RRD files that are created through this method so I can't schedule it. It will open up any other RRD file though.

The directions are vague and there's no additional information for troubleshooting why it doesn't work. It seems to be common theme on the boards that the bursting functionality directions aren't sufficient..
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Bursting Crystal Reports 13 Jun 2014 14:59 #1602

• eremington
Hello trw,

Thanks for the post. You are correct that we have had quite a few inquiries about bursting. It is obviously a subject that interests a lot of people and that is a great thing. We made the post/page on our website after hearing that some of our customers had used Logicity in a clever way to burst reports. While bursting was not a feature that was developed and supported in Logicity Pro, we wanted to present the tip to our users in case other people found it useful. To help alleviate some confusion, we've now posted a quick message on the page to that affect. While there are no firm time tables, we are working on new versions of Logicity with some features that will make this type of thing much easier. As those features become available, we will be adding some videos to help explain how to use them.

I know this wasn't the answer you hoped to receive, but if you have questions or comments, please don't hesitate to reach out to me directly at eremington @ saberlogic.com. I will be happy to assist you.

-Eli
The administrator has disabled public write access.