• Page:

TOPIC: password for dual dB sources

password for dual dB sources 30 Sep 2014 12:06 #1659

• hsmith
hello, I have a crystal report that pulls from 2 sources, one an excel files without password, one an SQL server with password.

If I just run the rrd, it asks me for the SQL password and works fine when I give it that.
If I try to run it from a Solution, it says database logon error. I tried specifying the server (which I do not normally have to do with other Solution files that pull from the same SQL database) and not specifying and got the same response.
The report had previously been without the SQL component (strictly an excel pull) and that the Solution had dealt with fine.

Is this not doable?
Last Edit: 30 Sep 2014 12:07 by hsmith.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

password for dual dB sources 30 Sep 2014 13:09 #1660

• bellis
It might work better if you used a filedsn for sql server and saved the password. That being said, v1.8 will be released this week and includes the ability to specify authentication for multiple datasources. So you can specify the SQL Server login without specifying one for Excel.

Thanks!
Brian

password for dual dB sources 30 Sep 2014 14:43 #1661

• hsmith
I do use a filedsn... I have a feeling I've tried to save passwords to it and .. had issues in past. I think I will instead cheer on your excellent timing with 1.8 and hold tight a few days :) thank you muchly!

password for dual dB sources 07 Oct 2014 16:15 #1663

• hsmith
I just tried the latest (released today, wooh, timing!) release.
..is it possible that the multi-login feature was held back? I'm not seeing any change to the database screen to allow for multi-login (or any other change period, lol)

password for dual dB sources 07 Oct 2014 16:29 #1664

• bellis
You may have caught us mid update and not grabbed 1.8 yet. If you did, in solution builder on the database info tab there is a checkbox for Multi-Database Authentication that will load all of the databases used on the report and let you specify a username and password.

password for dual dB sources 07 Oct 2014 16:31 #1665

• eremington
Hi! We literally just finished uploading the newest version of v1.8! You can find the newest version here:

Keep in mind that the database support is a professional feature. So if you are eligible for the new version (see this page for details) send a request and we will get you a v1.8 key that will unlock the multiple database feature.

password for dual dB sources 07 Oct 2014 16:53 #1667

• hsmith
ha! yes, I now see the feature! timing, lol
and I tried it before reading the rest of your message, so I assume the reason it crashes after I select it is that I need to purchase.
I create the solution files, but many access them. would they all need an upgrade to be able to use a solution I've set to multi-database?

password for dual dB sources 07 Oct 2014 17:01 #1668

• bellis
Hmm it should not be crashing regardless, but also the checkbox should not be enabled if it's not licensed.

So in your solution the checkbox is enabled and it's crashing when you select it?

password for dual dB sources 07 Oct 2014 17:33 #1669

• hsmith
checkbox present and I can click it. it even recognizes and populates the listbox with the databases while crashed
now, I did at one time have a key. namely for version 1.6. very possible it is still 'registered' in my computer?...

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Logicity_Solution_Builder.WizardForm.rebuildMultiDBAuthList(Collection colDbNames)
at Logicity_Solution_Builder.WizardForm.threadGetMultiDBAuth_RunWorkerCompleted(Object sender, RunWorkerCompletedEventArgs e)
at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnRunWorkerCompleted(RunWorkerCompletedEventArgs e)
at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.AsyncOperationCompleted(Object arg)

password for dual dB sources 07 Oct 2014 19:00 #1670

• bellis
That is really strange...

From solution builder if you go to help > about what version is shown?

Thanks!
Brian
  • Page: