TOPIC: Error window, failed to load database information

Error window, failed to load database information 21 Feb 2022 07:55 #14604

• chris@holdsworthbros.com
Hello,
I am trying to find software to automate a report to run once a week. If I run the Solution Builder and try and execute the RRD I created I get a pop up window and the error 'Crystal Report Windows Forms Viewer. Error in file {filename} Failed to load database information.'
The Viewing window opens, but no data is in it, just the error message.
The database files are Visual Dataflex 2010 v16.1. Is there some kind of issue with reading this database?
Thank-you.
Chris
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Error window, failed to load database information 21 Feb 2022 18:55 #14609

• KCrane
Hi Chris - I suspect there may be an issue or further configuration needed with the data connection used by the Crystal Report on the workstation running Logicity.

Do you have access to Crystal Reports (ideally on the same workstation as Logicity)?

If so, try running the report via Crystal Reports to confirm the report connects successfully.

If not, try running the report without the Solution Builder by simply double clicking the .RPT file (not the .RRD file) to exclude any RRD settings as an issue.

Error window, failed to load database information 21 Feb 2022 23:38 #14613

• chris@holdsworthbros.com
I think you are right. Crystal Reports runs the report just fine. There is a bridging piece of software called 'Crystal Reports Connectivity Kit' that perhaps allows Dataflex database files to be read. Perhaps its the case that report reading window Logicity uses doesn't use Crystal Reports and associated connectivity kit?

Error window, failed to load database information 23 Feb 2022 13:12 #14640

• KCrane
Are Crystal Reports and the Connectivity Kit on the same workstation as Logicity?
If so, try running Logicity Desktop as Administrator.
If not, then maybe the Connectivity Kit needs to be installed on the same workstation as Logicity - or if already installed the configuration tweaked.