TOPIC: Formats.xml - CharactersPerInch?

Formats.xml - CharactersPerInch? 19 Jan 2015 19:09 #1775

• ocd_dave
I am having trouble, when I set this to 16 characters per inch, the output file ends up adding random blank lines. I can't seem to figure out why it is doing this, any help on whats going on with this? Thx - Dave
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Formats.xml - CharactersPerInch? 03 Feb 2015 20:50 #1802

• ocd_dave
Anyone have an answer for why this isn't working properly? Also getting random end of page characters, even if I set the "LinesPerPage" to 10000. Would like to get a TEXT file out of this system without random blank lines, and extra end of page characters. Thx - Dave G.

Formats.xml - CharactersPerInch? 04 Feb 2015 14:43 #1805

• ocd_dave
I am using the latest 1.8.6 Pro version, if that is any help. Bueller? Bueller? .....Anyone?

Formats.xml - CharactersPerInch? 04 Feb 2015 21:28 #1806

• jcottrell
I will be looking into this and get back to you regarding this issue.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Formats.xml - CharactersPerInch? 05 Feb 2015 11:11 #1809

• AWhewell2
One thing about the lines per page... if you set it to 0 then you get no pagination whatsoever and so don't get the new page character... I have a 140,000 line text export file that I had the same issue on and this solved the problem for me.

One potential reason for blank lines in text output is where there is a suppressed record. The text output produces a blank line, rather than removing the line completely.

Can't guarantee either of these will fix your issues, but might be a sign post to the right direction...

Thanks,

Andrew