TOPIC: Parameters not populating

Parameters not populating 03 Apr 2008 20:13 #144

• jstoehner
Thanks for the great little program. We are testing the free version and may upgrade to PRO if I can get everything running smoothly.

I have a report that was originally created in CR10 that has since been been modified and saved in CR2008. Works fine within CR and runs fine using Logicity on my machine -- WinXP running .NET 2.0 framework. There are two parameters. The first is a simple date range for the data to retrieve and the second is a DYNAMIC cascading parameter where they first select a FACILITY TYPE from a drop-down and then the FACILITY NAME.

So I try to run the report with Logicity on another machine and it does not populate the list of values for the second parameter. The date parameter is there but the facility parameter is empty (no drop down).

So what could be the difference? The machine it does not work on is running Win2K Pro with .NET 2.0 framework updated to sp1.

Thanks!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Parameters not populating 06 Apr 2008 20:52 #145

• aellis
We've noticed some issues with dynamic parameters with some databases (MySQL specifically) in Crystal Reports 2008 and, because Logicity 1.6 is built with the Crystal 2008 SDK, the same problems are carried over to Logicity. We've been searching for a solution to this and, in the meantime, are recommending users experiencing this issue to remain on the last version of Logicity 1.5 (available in the 'Old Versions of Logicity' folder) which was built with Crystal XI.

Let me know if you see the problem resolved under Logicity 1.5.

Thanks,
Adam

Re:Parameters not populating 07 Apr 2008 19:10 #146

• jstoehner
Well, embarrassingly I am back to admit user error. But at least I came back to admit it, right? I had changed some of the ODBC data sources and did not update them on my user's machines. Oops! Thanks for the help. So far the CR2K8 designed reports with dynamic/cascading parameters are working OK. Thanks!