TOPIC: Barcode fonts

Barcode fonts 16 Apr 2008 23:05 #147

• Razor
I noticed during the Logicity installation it mentioned it contained barcode fonts and I have a report using 3of9 but I get an error message if I try to view it. Can you tell me what type font it would read?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Barcode fonts 16 Apr 2008 23:22 #148

• aellis
Logicity comes with 2 bar code fonts: Code 39 JK and Code 128 JK. In order to use these bar code fonts, you'll probably need to edit your report on a system that has Logicity installed and switch your fonts from the font you were using previously to these new fonts. You can also use your existing bar code fonts as long as they are installed on your client machine and are TrueType.

In order to use the Code 128 font, keep in mind that you will need to pass your data through the BarFontsCode128 function in Crystal to get the checksum calculated.

Re:Barcode fonts 25 Mar 2009 20:04 #413

• draven422
I have a report that uses the Code 39.ttf that worked fine on one server. The server crashed, and I had to put Logicity onto another. Now the barcode font does not appear in exported files.

When I view the report through Logicity, it shows the barcode just fine. However, when it's exported to a pdf, the barcode isn't recognized, and just shows the numbers.

Is there something that is blocking the font being used when it's exported?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Re:Barcode fonts 25 Mar 2009 20:10 #414

• aellis
So you were able to get the PDFs to show bar codes at some point? The reason I ask is that I have never had any luck getting bar codes to show up in PDFs at all. Even when I did get something that looked like a bar code it still wouldn't scan. Acrobat seems to do some very unusual stuff with fonts (especially since Acrobat 7).

Re:Barcode fonts 25 Mar 2009 20:15 #415

• draven422
Thanks for the quick reply.

I did get barcodes to show up on PDFs on another server, that crashed. The odd thing is that I didn't have Adobe on the server, and the file was created and emailed.

Security settings are (I believe) the same, so I'm in a loss.

Re:Barcode fonts 25 Mar 2009 20:41 #416

• draven422
Got it working again. There was an older version of the font that was messing things up. The updated font fixed it.