TOPIC: Running report from mapped network drive

Running report from mapped network drive 12 Jan 2016 21:02 #2133

• PES
I'm getting these error messages (shown in the attached pictures) when running crystal report files on a mapped network drive. This doesn't always happen. It can be sporadic at times. Currently running the reports locally does not produce this error.
Attachments:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Running report from mapped network drive 15 Jan 2016 18:30 #2136

• RonMoses
Have you tried using the UNC path to the report in the RRD instead of the mapped drive letter?

Running report from mapped network drive 08 Jun 2016 21:00 #2291

• aelaazami
Hi Ron, I am running into the same issue and I am not very technical. How do you run the report based on UNC?

Best regards,
Adam

Running report from mapped network drive 09 Jun 2016 11:58 #2293

• RonMoses
Let's say you currently have the reports set to save in "F:\Reports". F is a mapped drive to some network location. Its UNC path is going to look something like \\SERVERNAME\FOLDERNAME. You need to determine the UNC path for that mapped drive and replace "F:" in your RRD with that UNC path. So instead of saving the reports to "F:\Reports" you would be saving to "\\SERVERNAME\FOLDERNAME\Reports".

Fortunately, it's easy to get the UNC path. Open a command prompt. (Start > type "cmd" > hit Enter.) In the command prompt window, type "net use" and hit Enter. You'll see your mapped drives listed under the "Local" heading. The UNC path equivalent for each is listed under "Remote".