TOPIC: Logicity emailing as Spam

Logicity emailing as Spam 06 Jun 2016 03:36 #2283

• Rohan
G'day,

I'm running Logicity 1.8.8.0 and have been for quite some time. Now and again we have issues with emails being rejected by our server as being SPAM. We run emails through a Cpanel POP3/SMTP server that requires authentication but the outbound emails going through an account on our server still bounce. It appears that the program is sending content that attracts a spamassasin score of 5.4

In addition, if I use SSL connection then the message is that the SSL certificate isn't valid. The stupid part of that is that it's the SSL provided by Cpanel which is renewed by Cpanel as part of their subscription and has recently been updated. The filter logs on the emails is (note I xxxx-ed all the pertinent stuff that could be used to hack the server or our LAN):

2016-06-06 09:57:52 1b9hvO-002KJx-Hy H=(TS) [xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx]:xxxxx X=TLSv1:ECDHE-RSA-AES256-SHA:256 CV=no F=<This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.> A=dovecot_login:xxxxx@xxxxxxxx.com rejected after DATA: "SpamAssassin as cpaneleximscanner detected OUTGOING smtp message as spam (5.4)"

Cheers

Rohan
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Logicity emailing as Spam 06 Jun 2016 03:39 #2284

• Rohan
I also forgot to mention that I run a whole series of reports through Logicity saved as scheduled tasks and there's no issue.

I attempted to run this as full system admin. Nope that didn't work either.

Logicity emailing as Spam 07 Jun 2016 14:04 #2286

• RonMoses
Does Cpanel allow you to set up some kind of whitelist? I would think it should be easy enough to adjust the filter to let these through. Seems nearly certain it's a false positive.

Logicity emailing as Spam 08 Jun 2016 03:49 #2288

• Rohan
G'day Ron,

Yes whitelisted our web IP and the server name in the Cpanel filter. Bounces. Nothing changed.

Is there a means of accepting the SSL certificate that Cpanel provide for the SSL authentication within the program? It's throwing up that the remote certificate is invalid according to the validation procedure.

But I resolved it be recreating the report. That's crazy but it works with the newly created process. You can close this down.

Wish list: I would look at the ability to accept self signed SSL certificates by the end user in a future update. I'm happy with the program to date.