TOPIC: How do I use the Command line interface?

How do I use the Command line interface? 31 Mar 2017 20:35 #2527

• sdfhohsdfhh
Hello,
1. Is there any documentation for the command line interface for the report viewer? Do I just call Logicity Desktop.exe, and pass it the path of the rpt file?
2. The Logicity website states that passing parameters via the command line is only available in the pro version. Does this mean that to run the reportviewer, via the commandline and have it open up a specific crystal report, the pro version is required? Or does it mean I can have the report viewer open up a crystal report via the command line, but I just cant pass any additional parameters to the crystal report? What about passing database connection information? Is that only supported in the pro version?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

How do I use the Command line interface? 04 Apr 2017 18:03 #2528

• aellis
If all you want to do is launch a Crystal Report via the command line, you are correct that you can simply call Logicity Desktop.exe and pass the RPT as a parameter. You can also pass a RRD you created with Logicity Solution Builder if you need to predefine things like database credentials, and all of this works with the free version. If you are looking to do something like dynamically fill in a parameter to a report from the command line that is where you would need the Pro version and that functionality is described here:

www.logicitysuite.com/forum/tips-tricks/...ne-replacements.html
The administrator has disabled public write access.