TOPIC: Excel Export Crystal Report Data Merged Cells

Excel Export Crystal Report Data Merged Cells 15 Aug 2017 16:49 #2582

• Mar
Hello,

I ran into a strange issue when using any Logicity 1.7 and 1.8 versions. I am executing .rpt Crystal Reports files using Logicity and exporting the returned data into .xls format.

While using version Logicity 1.6, the column data is kept organized in and each in single Excel column. I designed the Crystal Reports to make sure that there are no merged cells in these columns.

However, when exporting the exact same report file using Logicity versions 1.7 or 1.8 without making any modifications to the report, many of the cells are merged and the data becomes disorganized and unreadable in many areas of the workbook.

Is this a known issue with versions 1.7 and 1.8?

I wanted to move to 1.7 or 1.8 to have the ability to export to the newer .xlsx format, but this is keeping me from using or upgrading to the newer versions or purchasing Pro for those. No matter how I format the report using Crystal Reports, it does not resolve the problem. The merge cells continue to occur outside of version 1.6.

Any help is greatly appreciated. I have linked a couple of image showing the problem I have encountered.
One image shows how an example export looks in 1.6 and the other how the same data exports using 1.8.

Excel_test1_logicity1.6.xls.jpg

Excel_test2_logicity1.8.xls.jpg
The administrator has disabled public write access.