TOPIC: User used for DB connection issue

User used for DB connection issue 23 Feb 2018 19:45 #2598

• gsaunders
Using Logicity Pro:
I have a solution open and when I run it on my computer I get data in the report.
When I run it from the computer that has it automated with a task it comes back blank.
I then tried to run it straight from Solution Builder on that computer it did the same thing.
So the same solution file which contains the correct dbuser and password...
BUT when I run SQL profiler it is NOT using the dbuser and password I send, but instead is using the currently logged which is explains why we were not seeing any data as the automation machine was using a different user / password in windows.
So what is the point of the dbuser and dbpass settings in Logicity Solution builder if it isn't using them, but instead just using the current windows authenticated user?
Thanks in advance!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

User used for DB connection issue 23 Feb 2018 20:00 #2599

• aellis
Are you using an ODBC connection for this report? If so, on the wizard where it says 'How should SQL Server verify the authenticity of the login ID' can you check to see that the radio button is selected for 'SQL Server authentication'? Crystal will abide by this setting regardless of how you set things up in Logicity.

User used for DB connection issue 23 Feb 2018 20:43 #2600

• gsaunders
Here all the settings I see:
- In Crystal it shows a Database Type of ODBC (RDO), Trusted Connection = 1, Use DSN Default Properties = False.
- In "ODBC Data Source Administration" the datasource matching the name in Crystal Report exists and if I click configure and step through it the "With SQL server Authentication using a login ID and password entered by the user" is checked. The Driver listed for this is "SQL Server Native Client 10". The current user and pass are empty here so normally any application using it would prompt if not provided.
- In Logicity Solution Builder when Editing Action the Database Info tab has specified check and I have the server / database / sql user name and password filled in.
Is there another area I need to be looking?
Greg

User used for DB connection issue 23 Feb 2018 20:46 #2601

• aellis
I think that first part is the critical bit here - can you get that to flip to Trusted Connection = 0? There is a chance that maybe when the report was created ODBC was set up with AD authentication and that sort of got "baked into" the report.

User used for DB connection issue 23 Feb 2018 20:57 #2602

• gsaunders
Thanks for the info... for now I setup the user that runs the schedule task as a user in our ERP with the proper security so we are up and going now.
I will play with this setting on another day.. but this ODBC entry is on every computer as part of a base install with the ODBC settings as they are. So for now the solution I used to work around this may stay in place since changing the settings on all of those machines could lead to other unintended issues.
Thanks so much for your help. I do hope to test this on a virtual pc to see what does happen.
Thanks again!