TOPIC: Missing parameter values

Missing parameter values 07 Nov 2007 21:45 #31

• chris.gardner
In the Logicity Solution Builder I have a RRD that is set for Prompt Users for parameters. If the RRD is set to View under the Action Tab and is executed it prompts me for input, but if the RRD is set up to E-Mail then I receive the message 'Missing parameter values. (emailCrystalReport)

What needs to be done for the prompt to work when I want to e-mail the resulting report?

Chris T. Gardner
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Missing parameter values 08 Nov 2007 01:16 #32

• aellis
Chris,

I believe you've found a bug. It should be prompting you in the scenario you describe. We'll have a look at it and reply to this post when a fix is available.

Thanks,
Adam

Re:Missing parameter values 02 Jan 2008 21:30 #69

• robertkell
A further bug on the same theme If you have a report with parameters and select either Print or Save the report does not open, it does not show any errors either.

Re:Missing parameter values 12 Jan 2008 02:02 #76

• bellis
Hi,

That is on our list of known bugs currently. Unfortunately this is a bug in the tools BusinessObjects provides to us to build Logicity so we are kinda in a holding pattern until it gets fixed upstream. We are hoping to have a build for Crystal 2008 done later this month and will see if it might be fixed in that version.

Basically what it comes down to is we set the action on the report along with various other settings and hand it off to Crystal. Crystal is supposed to look and see if the parameters are filled in or not and prompt if they are not. It is not doing that in the current build of the API and it only prompts the user if they select the View option. A workaround would be to view the report and choose the action you want from the viewer window.

Stay tuned,
Brian

Missing parameter values 18 Jun 2015 17:24 #1983

• mnieter
Has this issue been resolved yet? I am currently getting this same error message with the solution builder for the current version with a 2013 Crystal Reports file.