TOPIC: Refreshed Report - Pie Chart Labels Changed

Refreshed Report - Pie Chart Labels Changed 14 Nov 2008 21:00 #316

• kross
I have created a Crystal Report which summarizes data using pie charts. I have formatted these graphs to show the value for each slice on the graph and the percent each slice represents in the legend.

When the report is refreshed, the labels on the slices are no longer the value but instead, the entity each slice represents is displayed. In addition, the title I input for each pie chart changes.

For example, one pie chart shows the proportion of calls which were categorized as emergency priority, high, medium, low priority, etc. On the graph, the value of emergency work orders is 1059 calls, 1648 medium, 996 high, 1365 low... When I refresh this report, the slice labels no longer show how many calls were taken at each priority level but instead label each slice as "emergency", "high", "medium", "low"...

This pie chart is titled "Call Priorities" but on refresh, is titled "CallID/Priority" (the field names).

Any insights on why this is and how to remedy this situation?
Thanks!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Refreshed Report - Pie Chart Labels Changed 24 Nov 2008 14:14 #321

• bellis
Hi Kross,

Sorry for the delay, we honestly do not do too much with graphs in Crystal Reports.

Is this action specific to Logicity or does it work this way also in Crystal?

Thanks!
Brian

Re:Refreshed Report - Pie Chart Labels Changed 24 Nov 2008 15:27 #323

• kross
Hi Brian,

Thank you for the response.

This issue is specific to Logicity; if I run the report in Crystal, the graph format does not change.

Do you recommend I not use graphs if the end users will run the reports using Logicity?

Re:Refreshed Report - Pie Chart Labels Changed 24 Nov 2008 15:33 #324

• bellis
Kross,

No I was just stating I have not ran into something like this before.

What version of Crystal did you create the original report in?

Thanks!
Brian

Re:Refreshed Report - Pie Chart Labels Changed 24 Nov 2008 15:45 #325

• kross
It was written using version 10.

Re:Refreshed Report - Pie Chart Labels Changed 28 Nov 2008 17:13 #327

• bellis
I created a test using Crystal XI and the latest version of Logicity and I cannot replicate this problem.

The only thing I can think of that may cause something like this would be an incompatibility with CR10 graphs running against Crystal 2008 runtime. We don't have any control over the display of graphs or not because they are embedded in the report object and by that point in time we've handed that off to the runtime.

Re:Refreshed Report - Pie Chart Labels Changed 02 Dec 2008 16:21 #332

• kross
I am attaching the report, hoping you can recreate the issue with this file. I am also attaching a PDF of what the report looks like when run using Crystal.

Please let me know if you still believe this issue is caused by running the graphs against CR08 runtime.

Thanks.
Attachments:
Last Edit: 02 Dec 2008 16:24 by kross. Reason: Attach files

Re:Refreshed Report - Pie Chart Labels Changed 02 Dec 2008 16:52 #334

• kross
I am unable to attach the files as they are too large. I have reformatted the report to use cross-tabs instead of pie charts. I will keep this issue in mind going forward and refrain from using graphs in Crystal Reports which will be run via Logicity by end users.

Other users should keep this in mind as well.

Thanks,

Re:Refreshed Report - Pie Chart Labels Changed 09 Dec 2008 14:03 #344

• bellis
Again, if I create a report using graphs using Crystal XI it does not act like this. So it seems to be specific to the version of Crystal with the later versions not exhibiting this behavior.

Thanks!
Brian